Working elevator

Discussion in 'Request Hub' started by Sjakie, Jun 16, 2017.

1. If you're not seeing your confirmation registration e-mail in your inbox, make sure you check your spam folder! Contact Us for further assistance or Resend confirmation e-mail !
  1. Sjakie

Sjakie
    6/12

Is there someone who made a working elevator ?

2. SnarkyWitch
    Inspired

SnarkyWitch Coffee junkie and professional loudmouth Storyteller
    190/225

Writer
    You mean like the ones from City Living except with animations and working doors? I don't really do more than dabble with tuning mods so I don't know if it's possible but I do know it'd be labour-intensive. It would require new animations for the Sims to use the elevator and they'd probably need to create a new animated elevator mesh based on the City Living ones that actually have a proper interior and working doors. Assuming someone could do that, the elevators would most likely only be usable on lots and wouldn't function in apartment hallways because those areas are technically considered part of the common space, which aren't editable. Plus there's also the fact that the first floor lobby of the apartments don't actually exist. A modder would have to somehow reconstruct an entire first floor of an apartment building, too, so that the Sims could actually get off the elevator on the first floor.

If on the extremely slim chance it's doable, it'd be a monumental task to achieve.

I remember in Sims 3, my Sims would always get routing failures trying to use the elevators, so I'm kind of glad they just disappear and reappear outside now. Less hassle.

3. Sjakie

Sjakie
    6/12

maybee someone can try to make a room, and use the teleport thing to go to another floor.
    Sorry for the terrible englisch.
    I want elevator for the little space they needed.

4. SrslySims
    Dazed

SrslySims Lost in Strangeland Staff Member
    130/135

Simmer | Creator
    You can find a functional elevator here by LittleMsSam

[​IMG]

• Useful Useful x 1