The Sims Team has released an exciting update for The Sims 4 on PC, Mac, Xbox One and PS4 in honour of The Sims’ 21st birthday this month! This update brings 21 new items to the game created by talented custom content creators in the community, along with a few bug fixes!
To download the latest version of The Sims 4, simply open your Origin program and if the game doesn’t update automatically, right click on The Sims 4 and select ”Update”.
In case you have Mods or Custom Content, the game will automatically disable them for you after first launching The Sims 4 after the update. To re-enable all your Mods and Custom Content, select the Settings option in the Menu and select Settings. Under the ”Other” section you’ll find the ”Enable Custom Content and Mods” option. Check it and restart your game in order for it to take effect!
PC: 126.96.36.1990 / Mac: 188.8.131.520
Console: Version 1.38
Coming of Age at 21 in ‘21
As of February 4th, The Sims™ is officially 21 years old. To be quite honest with you all, I have a lot of feelings regarding that as not only it confirms that I’m getting older, but also it makes me think about everything that The Sims has meant to so many people over these past 21 years.
My own personal – professional – journey in The Sims started in 2010 and since then I have seen every pack, every feature, and every comment from our wonderful community. Most importantly I have made great friendships with coworkers (former and current) and I have enjoyed a lot of the content our community shares and talks about on a daily basis.
This year we have nine amazing creators from The Sims community sharing their talent with all of us in honor of this joyous occasion. As of today, you can see in your game 21 new creations present in your game, some in Build Mode and some in Create a Sim, designed by these members of our community. They are in both game areas with a Green Icon representing a present and they are tagged with the Special -> Birthday filter.
We have partnered with the wonderful HeyHarrie, peachyfaerie, storylegacysims, peacemaker_ic, Luumia, icemunmun, grimcookies, FeralPoodles, and AHarris00Britney. They have created unique and fun items for everyone to enjoy, so we hope that you like them as much as we do.
Along with these items we have a number of fixes and tweaks that we managed to deliver in this update. So thanks as always for your patience and support in reporting and helping our Live Operations team review and set these fixes in motion.
On behalf of Maxis I want to wish everyone a Happy 21st, and remember that You Make The Sims!
- Fixed an issue in the control scheme screen – if you are not familiar with this screen, press L3 (Playstation 4) or LS (Xbox One) it’s awesome… anyway! The issue is that the screen did not display the “Edit Color” option when in Create a Sim. We also fixed an issue in which the options for the L1 (PlayStation 4) and LB (Xbox One) were not showing up on the same screen.
- When randomizing Skin Tone colors, pressing the X Button (PlayStation 4) or the A Button (Xbox One) will select and apply the correct tone.
- We have cleansed the Create a Sim of the “Play button” control option that would appear randomly in the dynamic controller layouts.
- Made some alignments on the Main Menu Home and Packs tab as they were not looking quite right when Simmers switched to Mouse and Keyboard.
- Fixed an issue in Create a Sim that did not allow Body presets to be present as an option for Children and Toddler Sims.
- For Simmers that experience a Last UI Exception error in Create a Sim while selecting Skin Tones, the issue has been resolved.
- The UI team has fixed a few imperfections in Create a Sim/Pet:
- Pet breed’s thumbnails will no longer look disproportionate in the Coat Color/Pattern section in the case of Simmers that own Cats and Dogs.
- Sims’ makeup sliders will no longer overlap with color swatches and highlighting color swatches will no longer make them look offset.
- Fixed an issue in which the Skin Tones sliders didn’t appropriately hide when changing to other parts of the Sims to customize.
- Saving customized color swatches will no longer create duplicates of the base color swatch used to create the custom color.
- The Save button will no longer function inconsistently when utilizing the opacity sliders. Did it save? But did you save it? Did it actually save? But did it save?
- Gallery Notifications on the Main Menu needed to be more opaque as they were a bit unreadable and quite… ghostly. Good to know that was the resolve because this editor was second-guessing her contacts’ prescription for a while there.
- As always this editor and the Localization team made some adjustments and perfected some of the text in-game across all packs and previous updates.
Get to Work
- We were contacted by the Aliens, and they have helped us reinstate their missing Skin Tone color in Create a Sim. Now all 8 Alien skin options are visible again.
Cats and Dogs
- We did some maintenance on all Robot Vacuums so now they will actually clean up messes instead of just roaming around your Lot. Especially those created by Children and Toddlers – Big Yikes! Glad that the warranty was still in place though.
- Was your game save feeling the pressure to not continue with the Winterfest spirit? So were we. We have applied a fix that should help with the culling of extra Father Winters… affecting some saves. The Culling (it’s like The Happening, so something will happen… we hope) should start when loading into a Lot. Simmers with low-end machines and many, many Father Winters… in saves, may take some time (possibly hours… that is real-life hours, not Sim hours… just in case) for The Culling to complete. Afterward, Simmers should see an improvement in performance when playing these saves.
- The “Store No More Home Fabricator” will now properly display the number of Bits and Pieces that are owned by Sims.
Children will no longer look like they have put a leg through a rocking chair when reacting happily to rocking. Nothing to see here… nothing to see here folks.