City Living List Of Features:

Discussion in 'The Sims 4 City Living' started by Kai Chen, Sep 12, 2016.

1. If you're not seeing your confirmation registration e-mail in your inbox, make sure you check your spam folder! Contact Us for further assistance or Resend confirmation e-mail !
  1. Kai Chen
    Happy

Kai Chen Not taking custom mod requests. Staff Member
    180/225

Interpreter
    I think only one floor is playable and the rest is decorative, for cheap flats.

2. Kai Chen
    Happy

180/225

Interpreter
    The engine can only handle up to 20 sims at once, including your household and sims passing by. Loading 3 flats at once would mean you could possibly have 24 sims.

3. Chobi
    Happy

Chobi
    24/45

Dude I was thinking the exact same thing. Totally going to have Gossip Girl Lets Plays

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Chobi
    Happy

Chobi
    24/45

Yeah, have to think about it logistically.

5. Chobi
    Happy

Chobi
    24/45

The picture with the underground sign does it make it seem like it will be an important feature in the game, not just decorative, otherwise why put it in that picture, the teaser and the trailer.
    I might just be reading too much into it, but this might be the first step to us being able to have some mode of transport in the game.

6. Pandex
    Happy

Pandex
    3/12

I can understand that. I'm just hoping for that you can build your own apartment building that my sims can move into, like we could in the sims 2. And if these buildings are editable in edit world mode, wouldn't that mean they have added a fifth floor? I guess time will tell when they tell us more...

7. Kai Chen
    Happy

180/225

Interpreter
    Not if it's a shell.

8. thesimsserbia
    Energized

thesimsserbia
    3/12

Will we be able to make a building with apartments or they have already been made and we only can use them . i dont asking for penthouses i figure that how we build,i m asking about flats

9. thesimsserbia
    Energized

thesimsserbia
    3/12

i think that to!!

10. thesimsserbia
    Energized

thesimsserbia
    3/12

i think that can live multiple familis in buildin(households) but you can only playing one at the time,if you going to your naighbor we will see loading screen,if you going on the street with that household dont see loading screeen,in front of a dorr on trailer we can see som mailbox r somthing like mailbox.that is key for apartment...i think

11. char

char
    18/23

Transportation in my opinion is pointless. I felt the same way about it in ts2. There's no open world, so what's the point? You're still getting hit with a loading screen and getting to places by car isn't going to change that or make a sim get to a location faster.

12. Kai Chen
    Happy

180/225

Interpreter
    The Sims 2 cars were eons better and more useful than in The Sims 3.

It's immersion. Sims eating and sleeping is pointless too; they don't need to. But it makes it life-like.

I still miss car dates.

13. char

char
    18/23

I just want to at least see a similar scenario as sims 2 where we are able to see other sims interact in other areas in or around the apartment lot. Like, allowing the apartment as well as the world around it to be interactive. I just want to see more life you know. I want to be able to look through my apartment window and see sims walking around the world outside and doing things like fishing, jogging and whatever else. I want to be able to take an elevator down to the next floor and see random sims exit their apartment or chat with another npc right at the front door of the building. I just wish they can give us that bit of wiggle room and break protocol and allow for more advancement with this game instead of making it feel so confining and so restricted to one area. Where is the progression in that? Where does life exist for other sims? To only exist behind a loading screen. That doesn't give them much life, it just gives off an appearance of having one.

14. char

char
    18/23

A sim eating and sleeping, I can't see being in the same category as having vehicles in the game. There are more consequences for sims when it comes to eating and sleeping. It offers more life to a sim. A can't see vehicles offering that. Even babies, as useless as they seem for some, they offer more than what a car could possibly. I mean, they could add cars in and then what? Drive to a loading screen? Maybe we can fix a car up and sell it but that's not that worthwhile either. So perhaps if they add in the ability to register as "self employed" and perhaps add on a mechanic career and then have the ability to fix up cars and npc's could drop off cars and such, then maybe I could see potential there. For now, I don't.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. Pandex
    Happy

Pandex
    3/12

Yeah, that would suck. We'll have to wait and see...

16. Enys
    Focused

Enys
    24/45

Student
    I feel like you've overlooked the AMAZING DECOR! Or perhaps that's just a given.

17. Kai Chen
    Happy

180/225

Interpreter
    You could do a lot in cars. Even have sex.

• Funny Funny x 2
  18. char

char
    18/23

lol ;)o_O Well, then haha This is true for the Sims 3. Will they bring that back to 4, is the question? Bcus they sure haven't brought back shower woohoo yet.

19. Tiffany
    Happy

Tiffany Premium Member
    109/135

Youtuber/Future Fashion Designer
    great minds think alike :cool::thumbsup:

20. Holly-Jayne Taylor
    Happy

Holly-Jayne Taylor
    8/12

I hope they are active careers!

I loved apartments in Sims 3, I'm hoping there's a weekly rent and a fair few apartments on each lot. Think this will definitely renew my love for the Sims 4.

So far away though!