The Bunker Legacy Challenge

Discussion in 'Challenges' started by DeMoon, Nov 7, 2017.

1. If you're not seeing your confirmation registration e-mail in your inbox, make sure you check your spam folder! Contact Us for further assistance or Resend confirmation e-mail !
  1. DeMoon

DeMoon
    3/12

Hello, guys! I came up with an idea for this challenge after I saw a Bunker Challenge around somewhere...? I can't recall exactly who started it, but yeah. First of all I'd like to say that I'm not a native english speaker, so things might come out kinda weird. Plus, I'm writing this at night and my English is absolutely the worst after 8 p.m. If you find something spelled wrong or anything that might compromise the overall understanding of this idea, please tell me. I think that's pretty much everything, so yeah, let's start!

• The Story
    The planet (Earth, obviously) as fallen to chaos long ago, shortly after the beginig of World War 3. Your Sims have been born and raised in a small, unimportant and neutral independent state (World), Oasis Springs. Years went by and all citizens of Oasis Springs believe the War will never reach them. However, Military YA finds an important audio record from Willow Creek's Dictator, Donny Trash, notifying the existence of missiles aimed at the city. If the mines are not open and operational in one week, Oasis Springs will be destroyed, just like Newcrest was.
    Military YA knows Newcrest was not completely destroyed, as there are Bunkers under the city who might have survived the attack.
    He decides, then, to save some people and himself by driving to Newcrest and taking them to one of the Bunkers.

• Getting Started

1. Open CAS

Create from 2 to 8 Sims (I tried playing with 4 at first, but you're in charge so hey, why not). They can be Teens, YA, Adults or Elders, but consider who you would take to a Bunker (you need to procriate). Only rule is one must be a YA (can be male or female) and wear the militaryish kind-of-uniform that comes with the Base Game.
    Your Sims can have any Traits, Appearence and Aspiration you want, but consider you won't be leaving the lot from the moment you start the challenge, so if you actually like to complete your Sim's Aspirations, you might not be able to. Also, keep in mind choosing Traits to help you along, such as Criative, Outgoing, Family-Oriented and stuff; or just get those really bad traits to increase the challenge, like Loves the Outdoors, Hates Children or Hot-Headed (I started with a Hot-Headed Sim and she's just Furious all the time. It's kind of annoying, but she hasn't argued with anyone yet, so I'm cool with it).

2. Build your Bunker

Get your Sims a lot in Newcrest and build an underground bunker with 30.000 Simoleons (use testingcheats on then money 30000). Be sure to have a kitchen, bedroom/s (my Sims refuse to sleep in double beds when someone who has no romantic involvement with them is there, but do as you want), and a bathroom. You can have a living room if you want. Don't forget the money making hobbies, such as painting, gardening (some plants grow underground with no problem), carving (is this the right name in english?) and all that stuff. If you choose to have a computer, you cannot have a washing machine. That leaves you with washing all the dishes by hand or getting that Nano-Weird-Expensive-Trash-Thingy so you have no need to go outside. You can have a TV and a bookcase. Decoration is not limited as long as you can afford it. Fire alarms are useless since no one can leave or enter the bunker without cheats.

(You can use testingcheats on then Shift+click somewhere inside the Bunker and select "Teleport Here" or just have stairs and then remove them once everybody is inside)

3. Start Playing!

OTHER RULES:

If you have 4+ Sims, split the functions between them. Like, one cooks and cleans, one writes and paints, one carves and harvests, stuff like that. Do this for all generations. You can add more rooms once you have kids.

The Challenge is over after 5 generations (once first kid of 5th generation becomes an YA) or after you gathered 200.000 Simoleons.

Hope you liked it! It's not exactly the funniest challenge ever, but who knows, maybe someone likes it. Once again: I'm not a native english speaker, sorry for any mistakes, misspellings or so; tell me if you think something could be added, if it's too easy or whatever. Since you can't leave the bunker you can't exactly pay the bills, but you can do it if you want, just teleport a Sim outside and that's it. Hope you all liked it and have fun!

• Creative Creative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  2. amandieu
    Dazed

amandieu
    3/12

Triangle Wizard
    This reminds me a bit of the Midnight Sun Challenge but underground instead of on an island! How do you meet new sims to get to the 5th generation?

Also, you can also use the "lock door" function to keep all the sims down in the bunker. :)

• Like Like x 1
  3. WiseSimmer

WiseSimmer
    13/23

4. Devin21
    Happy

Devin21
    3/12

I like this idea!

5. DeMoon

DeMoon
    3/12

Soo, I completely forgot I ever even published this. I might remake the rules sometime, because they aren't very well made, I guess. I suppose you can spawn new Sims when needed, or start with eight Sims who can have children between them. Once those sims can't marry each other anymore because of blood ties, just pretend someone else found the bunker and let them in? As I said, I need to redo this and make it better haha It's so messy, omg