1. If you're not seeing your confirmation registration e-mail in your inbox, make sure you check your spam folder! Contact Us for further assistance or Resend confirmation e-mail !
  1. Simproved
    Flirty

Simproved Creator
    95/135

Sims 4 Builder and Youtuber
    #1 Simproved, Aug 28, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 28, 2016
    THE ISLAND
    CHALLENGE

Far away in the Simsian Sea lies a tropical island without a name. It is home of two gods. One is the red fire god Llamatipoca who lives in the volcano of the island and is an unforgiving short tempered god who constantly ask for favors, rituals and offerings to still his hunger for attention. The other one is the absolute counterpart of the volcano god. It’s appearance is so beautiful that there is no comparison of beauty in the universe. It’s the wise white god of light, fertility and humor. They say it answers to the name of “Player.” This god wants that every plant, animal and Sim living on the island flourishes and reaches its full potential. “Player” keeps the balance of nature on the island and watches over every single being that lives on it. Especially the Sims.

The Prophecy

It is said that one day, two Sims will reach the island and the final battle of the gods begins. Both gods will work wonders and miracles to change the course of fate of the island. They say that only 8 Sims who are master survivors will perform the ritual of all rituals and free the island of this battle and ascend to the heavens of glory.

GOAL: Have 8 Sims living on the island that are at least level 4 in fishing, fitness and gardening. The challenge fails if all Sims are dead so keep them alive!

WHAT YOU NEED:

• A pair of dice (6er)*

• 2 Sims

• A lot with an island

* If you do not own a pair of dice, check your app/play store on your smartphone ;)

The Sims:
    • They must be young adults.

• The traits and aspirations don’t matter in this case, so choose wisely. A squeamish snob will make the challenge harder than a cheerful outdoor lover.

• Gender doesn’t matter. However, it is recommended to start with a couple that can produce children.

• Both Sims start with no skills and nothing in their inventories.

• Appearance doesn’t matter. You can make them look and dress them however you like.

• Both Sims can either know each other or they can be complete strangers to one another. The relationship between them doesn’t matter.

• You control all Sims that are on the island.
    The Island Lot:
    The island is the new home of your Sims and will be the main stage until completion of the challenge. So build and decorate it accordingly. On the island should be a big volcano (pool). The Sims have to be able to reach the volcano pit and be able to “take a swim.” The layout is totally up to you. You can use as many plants, trees and stones from build/buy mode you like. If you are not that much of a builder and would like to start right away, you can use my island I have created.
    Download link: https://www.thesims.com/de_DE/gallery/32A395C767F411E68A3C2586F7E7056B
    **Use bb.moveobjects first before placing the lot!

Setup and Arrangement of Necessary Start Objects:

Objects:
    • 1 workbench
    • 1 bench
    • 1 garbage bin
    • 1 sink
    • 1 campfire (or grill for base game only)
    Every other usable object has to be crafted during game play. The crafting system will be explained down below.

Debug Objects**:

• 5 harvestable vegetable/fruit plants (or more).
    • 1 fishing ground.
    • 20 twigs (or more).
      • **You can access the debug mode by pressing the keys CTRL+SHIFT+C and then typing bb.showhiddenobjects into the console. You can find all collectibles (fruits, crystals, etc.) in there. Type “twigs” for the twigs or the name of a fruit to find the plant/fruit you want.
    The more you have in the beginning, the easier the challenge gets! You decide!

How To Start:

• Set aging to off.
    • Let your Sims swim to the island.
    • Block off the island so your Sims can’t leave the lot and so that other Sims (NPC’s) get in.
    As a god, you have mighty powers and have to use them right away from the start.
    Use CTRL+SHIFT+C to activate your powers and type in these 3 spells:

• testingcheats on

• household.autopay_bills true

• money 666999
    If you reload the game, you have to redo this procedure. We don’t want your godly powers to get rusty, do we?

How To Play:

Your Sims can’t leave the island (lot). They are cut off from civilization completely. No jobs, no luxury items, no electricity! Your Sims are alone on this island now. Stranded. Exhausted. But with hope! You as their godly helper will ensure they make it till the final ritual. The Sims have to work with what they have. Which is not much! But hey, at least the sun is always shining and nature has a lot to give. What your Sims will mainly do is tend the fruit trees, fish in the pond, work on their skills and craft objects that will make life on the island more comfortable. Crafting is one of the key aspects during this challenge. The Sims can create some furniture pieces or art with the workbench, but can also collect twigs that are shattered throughout the island to create some usable objects. (More about it down below under “crafting.”) Every day the gods will intervene and will change the fate of your Sims. Roll the dices to know what they have in store for them! (More down below.) Make sure to take good care of all of your Sims. You as their god can control them and point them to the right direction. ;) Have fun and good luck!!

How To Get More Sims To The Island?
    Your Sims can have children and start some sort of super survival family. If the gods want to, they will send you some Sims during the challenge (more down below). Since aging is set to off and you need 8 young adult or older Sims for the final ritual, you have to age up Sims in CAS. (CTRL+SHIFT+C and type in bb.casfulleditmode into the console, then SHIFT click on Sim to go to CAS and age him/her up.)

Spells You Can Use If The Dice Tell You Too:

Make Sims Happy:
    • SHIFT click on the mailbox and click “Fill Needs Household”

• SHIFT click on Sim and click “Make Happy”
    Give Sims Skill Points:
    (While Sim is selected)
    • stats.set_level skill_fitness [enter level]

• stats.set_skill_level major_fishing [enter level]

• stats.set_skill_level major_gardening [enter level]
    Give Sims Aspiration Points:
    (While Sim is selected)
    • sims.give_satisfaction_points [enter amount]

The Dice Roll - The Will of the Gods:

Always have your dice on hand, they are the gods will. One for the “The Player” and one for Llamatipoca the volcano god. Black and white. Good and evil. They are the ying and the yang of this challenge and whatever they say HAS TO BE EXECUTED!

You have to roll the dice every Sim day in the morning when the sun is still on the rise. The dice will tell you what the gods have in store for your Sims. You have to execute the will right away. Pause the game/go to build mode and do as the gods say. Don’t miss to roll the dice! If you forget a day, the gods get angry and they will kill a Sim*! *(Perform will 12 from down below)

What Happens If You Roll…:
    • (2) The white god shines it’s light of happiness and fertility on the island. Every Sim is suddenly feeling better and draws more hope out of this miracle. [make all Sims happy from spells list]
    • (3) Wow! What is this thing? What does it do? A new skill object gets washed ashore! You won’t believe what mysterious and odd objects can reach this island..amazing! [every skill object except electronic items is allowed, choose 1]
    • (4) 15 new twigs! [get 15 new twigs from debug mode in build mode and place them on the island]
    • (5) The white god is pleased with your achievements! He shines his bright light of wisdom on one of your Sims! [Sim of your choice gets 2 new skill points using the skill cheat in spells]
    • (6) The tide is declining and a new Sim gets washed ashore! Who is this? Where did this Sim come from? Only the gods know… [The Sim is fully random** in traits, aspiration and age. Appearance and sexuality is your desire. If you already have 8 Sims in the household you can ignore this will. We assume the Sim died on its exhausting journey to the island. Place a skeleton if you’d like it to look realistic]
    • (7) 5 new twigs! [get 5 new twigs from debug mode in build mode and place them on the island]
    • (8) Llamatipoca is sending a thunderstorm to the island. Sadly one of your Sims (your choice) gets struck by lightning and loses 4 skill points. [use cheat in spells]
    • (9) The white god has blessed one of your Sims! Your Sim suddenly has a new surviving talent! [give one Sim 4,000 aspiration points by using the cheat in spells]
    • (10) Llamatipoca is angry! Sacrifice 2 fully grown harvestable plants/trees to the volcano [delete in build mode] Bye bye harvest!
    • (11) Oh wow! This is exactly what we always wanted! Your Sims are so glad the gods have heard their prayers and sent them a new object to the island. [go shopping, go wild, you can choose whatever you like no matter costs in build/buy mode]
    • (12) Llamatipoca is absolutely furious that you are disturbing his sleep! Sacrifice a Sim in the volcano to calm him! Preferably a virgin. ;) [Let the Sims swim in the volcano pool and block the border with stones or fences. This Sim has to drown to death]
    The Crafting System:
    You may have noticed that you get a lot of twigs during this challenge. Those are very important in building new objects and shaping the appearance and habitability of the island. Your Sims can craft objects that may get very useful in game. Objects crafted with the workbench don’t use up twigs and are allowed for use. If an object is not on the crafting list, it’s not allowed. Decorative objects that don’t affect the Sims in any way (no skill objects or any object with an interaction other than “view”) are allowed at any time.
    • Bed (double) = 10 Twigs
    • Bed (single) = 5 Twigs
    • Hut without furniture*** = 40 Twigs & 4 Fruit
    • Fishing Ground = 30 Twigs
    • Campfire/Grill = 5 Twigs
    • Workbench = 10 Twigs
    • Bonfire = 10 Twigs
    • Bench = 5 Twigs
    • Chair = 3 Twigs
    • Table (single) = 8 Twigs
    • Table (2 slots) = 10 Twigs
    • Table (3 slots) = 15 Twigs
    • Ottoman = 5 Twigs
    • Shower = 25 Twigs
    • Sink = 15 Twigs
    • Bathtub = 30 Twigs
    • Bar = 20 Twigs
    • Bookshelf = 10 Twigs
    • Shelf = 3 Twigs
    • Chest = 5 Twigs
    • Wedding Arch = 5 Twigs
    **Build it wherever you want, however you want. It’s purely decorational! But having some huts surely looks cool!

How To End:

When you have 8 grown up Sims, you can start the ritual! All Sims have to be level 4 in fishing, fitness and gardening! Get them naked and let them dance around a big bonfire (craft with twigs) or a wedding arch (craft with twigs) if you only have the base game. Music and some fishy or fruity sacrifice can be useful! You are a god, remember? How do you want to be wooed? Arrange the ritual however you want. Be creative! Have fun! Enjoy your last day with your Sims and say goodbye!
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I hope you like the Challenge guys! =) If you have any questions write them in this thread. Also you can always tweet me! @Simproved :)

Have fun! And may the gods will be ever in your favor!

• Like Like x 8
    • Thank you! Thank you! x 7
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  2. Simproved
    Flirty

Simproved Creator
    95/135

Here you can watch the speed build of my Island! I also talk a little bit about the challenge =)

• Like Like x 4
  3. Maks Bee
    Happy

Maks Bee
    59/68

Student/Simmer
    This is so freaking cool!! Awesome job with it, I'm sure people will definitely try it! :)

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  4. Vihisha
    Focused

Vihisha
    18/23

Creator, Designer, Gamer
    I just started this challenge on my YouTube channel....this is gonna' b a ton of fun!! =)

• Like Like x 6
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. WizardOfRoz
    Inspired

WizardOfRoz
    3/12

YAY!! SOOOoooo great! I love new challenges and this one is awesome!! :D
    [​IMG]
    My sim Summer caught a guitar.... which would be great if she didn't need a fish to eat. :fish::rolleyes:

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  6. Valkyrie143

Valkyrie143
    8/12

In situations like this where it's fished up, do we get to keep it and use it or do we have to delete it?

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Vihisha
    Focused

Vihisha
    18/23

Creator, Designer, Gamer
    It is my understanding that u get 2 keep anything u fish up

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Thank you! Thank you! x 1
  8. Simproved
    Flirty

Simproved Creator
    95/135

Yes you can keep everything you fish,catch,dig up or find in any other way ON THE LOT. :D

• Thank you! Thank you! x 1
  9. Valkyrie143

Valkyrie143
    8/12

Awesome! Thank you for both responses! I will be starting this challenge today on Twitch :

• Like Like x 1
  10. DreamLumos30

DreamLumos30
    3/12

Such a fun challenge! Here are my 8 Sims at the end of their journey on Cantata Island (made by SophSims). This challenge didn't take me too long as my first two Sims had twins, and then another baby after that, then I rolled a 6 and got a rando, then the mom of the twins and the rando and one of the boys had a baby. So I got to 8 rather quickly. Getting their skills up and keeping them alive was the real challenge here!

Screen Shot 2016-09-20 at 6.12.56 PM.jpg

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  11. Simproved
    Flirty

Simproved Creator
    95/135

Wow! That's great! Glad you could finish the challenge! =) I hope it was fun!

• Like Like x 1
  12. Fizzstix

Fizzstix
    3/12

Are the Islanders allowed to randomly use the firepit to roast veggie dogs/hot dogs/marshmallows?

• Like Like x 1
  13. AM35502
    Happy

AM35502
    3/12

I believe in the first part of Simproved let's play she said that she's not allowing her sims to roast anything other than fish to make it harder and more realistic for herself, but she said you can if you want to make it easier. :)

• Like Like x 1
  14. Fizzstix

Fizzstix
    3/12

Okay. I was thinking that is what is intended. I try to keep them from randomly roasting food, but they have slipped in a marshmallow a couple of times.

• Like Like x 1
  15. SarahDM

SarahDM
    3/12

Love this challenge so far! I am using A kid from my 100 baby challenge to do this! Haha.

Quick question though: what do we do with children? My sim is pregnant (hopefully with twins!) and I was wondering if we should age them up immediately using a cheat or keep them as kids and then teenagers for a bit? I was thinking of raising them but I wasn't sure what the rule would be for them to leave the island for school...Thanks!

• Like Like x 1
  16. Yenny24

Yenny24
    1/12

I am wondering this too! I waited 3 days to age my infant up as per the typical baby age but now i'm not sure what to do with my kid!

17. Yenny24

Yenny24
    1/12

how did you handle your babies? did you age them up right away??

18. SarahDM

SarahDM
    3/12

I ended up deciding on aging them up after one day. It just made sense and having children and teens made it confusing and overly difficult.

So far, the main couple that I started with had twins, then two people came on the island around when they were having their second set of twins. Of course I was doing well when o rolled a 12 and had go sacrifice a twin. In the end two children from the island, one from each couple had a child and now we have an adult grandchild! I think I will be done with the challenge in a few hours if everything goes well!

I also decided to let them eat "veggie dogs" and then delete some veggies in their inventory to compensate. That's my only complaint is the gardening is hard to raise after a while.

19. Yenny24

Yenny24
    1/12

Great idea! I waited 3 days to age up my baby but then didnt know what to do with the child especially since you cant send them to school or anything! thanks for the tip!

20. Simproved
    Flirty

Simproved Creator
    95/135

Hey guys! Since we had a HUGE TODDLER UPDATE , I'll use this special occasion to also update the rules and answer some FAQs.

1. Help! I have a toddler now! What do I do?

I couldn't test everything yet! Since we don't want your toddler taking away, it is of course allowed and free to buy a potty, high chair and a bed! I guess your toddler will survive very easily with those objects! Since I couldn't make it work to give them roasted fishes, It is of course okay to feed them evrything you want.

2.My kid can't go to school! Help!
    Yes, since your kids won't go to school, the grades will go down hill in no time. But no worries. I tested a household with 3 children and 2 teens, they were locked in a house, I cheated them happy regularly. After 15 sim days all of them had the worst grades, but they were happy and healthy. No social worker! So I guess children/teens(and now toddlers) will only get taken if their needs are low, not their grades. Occasionally the school will call them on the phone. But that's it.If you disagree/found out something else, please let me know immediately. We don't want your perfect little island children taken away!

3.I want to craft something that is not on the list!
    Of course you can craft a lot of other stuff that is not on my crafting list. With lots of new packs and updates I can't update the rules accordingly. So I think it is absolutely fair to give you all the freedom to decide how many twigs the desired object is worth in your opinion.

4.I want to change the rules!
    Umm, of course. Feel free to twist the rules a bit. I do it in my LP all the time. Some make them more difficult and some cheat a couple of times. This challenge is supposed to be fun. If you don't have fun,because you don't like some rules, feel free to change them!

Okay, I think that's it for now! I want to thank you all so much for playing and trying my challenge! I wish you lots of fun on the island!
    May the gods will be ever in your favor!

• Like Like x 1