Welcome to the first The Sims Community Challenge for 2022!
Continuing on from our December theme, this will be another build challenge. However, this time we want you to get creative with the outdoor space with the shell we’ve created. If you’re a part of our Discord, you may have also seen me share a few sneaky teasers for this challenge recently, too!
It’s time to get your gardening Sims ready, as we want you to furnish our greenhouse and create a beautiful outdoor space. While there are two aspects to essentially work on, your main focus will be the outdoor space. Utilize the space to the best of your ability and pay attention to the smaller details that you would normally find in a garden environment.
- You must use a 20×15 lot
- You have a total budget of $20,000 (this includes the lot value)
- No Custom Content
- You can use DEBUG items and T.O.O.L
- The pond can not be removed
- The roof must be one of the six Glass Roof Swatches that come with the Base Game
- You are allowed to change the windows, doors, wall paint and flooring
- You must not move the greenhouse from where it is placed or change the greenhouse shape or size
- Have fun and be creative!
As always, the shell is Base Game friendly, and you are allowed to use any packs that you own.
The lot comes with the Greenhouse shell ready to furnish, a pond and a tree with a few flowers surrounding its base. The rest of the lot is empty and up to you how you fill it. The lot itself is listed as a Generic Lot, so you will not have any lot specific criteria to fill. Before furnishing, make sure to read the challenge rules carefully.
The shell itself is simple and straight forward. As we mentioned earlier in this post, there are two aspects to this build challenge. Firstly, you will be furnishing the Greenhouse itself. Secondly, the outdoor space. You can be as creative as you want with the outdoor space, just make sure you stay within the $20,000 budget. Ultimately, have fun creating this outdoor space for your Sims!
You will need to head over to The Gallery and use the information below to find the challenge shell and add it into your game.
- Lot Name: SC Greenhouse Challenge
- Gallery ID: LeeksEverywhere
Uploading your Entry
- All entries will need to be uploaded to The Gallery and include the hashtag #SCGarden in the description.
- One entry per person. Additional entries will not be included.
Closing date for entries: Sunday 23rd January 2022 at 10am PST/6pm GMT/ 7PM CET. The Spotlight post will be released a few days after entries have closed.
If you have any questions, feel free to ask them in the comments below, or head over to our The Sims Community Challenge channel on our Discord server! If you aren’t a member of our Discord Server, you can click here to join.
Click the button below to join The Sims Community Discord
Good luck, have fun, and we can’t wait to see your builds soon!