Update: Origin just made The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection available for everyone until the end of July, 2014! All you need to do is redeem the I-LOVE-THE-SIMS code on Origin and you’re good to go! (you don’t need to have any Sims 2 game registered)
For more information, check out THIS post!
Origin is giving out The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection to people who have at least 1 The Sims 2 Game registered on their Origin Account. If you’d like to register your TS2 Game and get TS2 Ultimate Collection for free, contact EA Help HERE! For more information about this offer, check out THIS FAQ Page!
The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection includes these following games:
- The Sims 2 Base Game
- The Sims 2 University
- The Sims 2 Nightlife
- The Sims 2 Open For Business
- The Sims 2 Pets
- The Sims 2 Seasons
- The Sims 2 Bon Voyage
- The Sims 2 FreeTime
- The Sims 2 Apartment Life
- The Sims 2 Family Fun Stuff
- The Sims 2 Glamour Life Stuff
- The Sims 2 Holiday! Stuff
- The Sims 2 Celebration Stuff
- The Sims 2 H&M Fashion Stuff
- The Sims 2 Teen Style Stuff
- The Sims 2 Kitchen & Bath Interior Design Stuff
- The Sims 2 IKEA Stuff
- The Sims 2 Mansion & Garden Stuff
Overall, The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection includes all The Sims 2 additions (except content from The Sims 2 Store)!
To download this Collection, simply click on The Sims 2 UC Boxart and select ”Download”. The Game will take 12,57 GB of your Hard Disk Drive.
Here are some facts you should know before starting the game:
- The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection doesn’t include any Launchers. The Game itself launches automatically once you start playing it via Origin or by clicking on the game on Desktop.
- You’ll only need Origin to download the game. After you install it you can play The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection without Origin and/or any The Sims 2 Disc.
- This Game is supported by Origin’s In-Game feature, meaning that you can use Origin’s Browser, chat with your friends and all other cool stuff all inside the game.
- The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection comes with SecuRom, meaning that you’ll need an internet connection the first time you open the game (to verify your UC code). After that you can play it without internet.
- You’ll be greeted with The Sims 2 Fun with Pets loading screen due to the fact that Fun With Pets Collection is the latest (and last) addition to The Sims 2.
- The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection folder is made out of 3 Collections and several Expansion Packs and Stuff Packs.
- Not to be confused with this though. Each Collection includes 1 Expansion Pack and 2 Stuff Packs.
- The Sims 2 Double Deluxe includes The Sims 2 Base Game, The Sims 2 Nightlife and The Sims 2 Celebration.
- The Sims 2 Best of Business Collection includes The Sims 2 Open For Business, The Sims 2 H&M Fashion Stuff and The Sims 2 Kitchen & Bath Interior Design Stuff
- The Sims 2 University Life Collection includes The Sims 2 University, The Sims 2 Teen Style Stuff and The Sims 2 IKEA Stuff.
- The Sims 2 Fun with Pets Collection includes The Sims 2 Pets, The Sims 2 Family Fun Stuff and The Sims 2 Mansion & Garden Stuff.
- The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection includes The Sims 2 Holiday! Stuff Pack. Even though it is not treated as a real Stuff Pack since it’s installer was treated like a patch + it’s icon was never included in The Sims 2 Launcher, they still decided to add it to this Collection.
- If you have more The Sims 2 Games than TS2 Ultimate Collection, feel free to hide them so that they won’t bother you in your Origin Games Tab. To do so, right click on a game you want to hide and select ”Hide”.
- If you want to uninstall this Collection, you can do it by going to Control Panel > Programs and Features. It is treated as 1 game which makes uninstalling much more easier.
If you have any questions about The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection, let us know in the comment section below! :-)