Have greater control over your Sims 4 pregnancy with these useful tips, tricks, and cheats!
Are your Sims expecting a new bundle of joy? Maybe you’re a new player who doesn’t know what to expect when your Sims are expecting. That’s no problem because we have all the Sims 4 pregnancy tips, tricks, and cheats to give you more control over your Sim’s pregnancy! Influence the gender of your baby in The Sims 4, increase your odds of having twins or triplets, and more!
Table of Contents
Influence Baby Gender in The Sims 4
Did you know that you can influence the gender of your Sim’s baby in The Sims 4? It’s true! Influencing the gender of your baby requires no cheats or mods and is very easy! The trick? Food and music!
If you want your Sim to have a baby girl, make sure they eat a lot of strawberries while pregnant and listen to Pop music!
If you want your Sim to have a baby boy, they should eat plenty of carrots and listen to Alternative music while they are pregnant.
When you use these Sims 4 pregnancy tips and tricks, nine times out of ten, your Sim will give birth to the gender you influenced them to have. If they do not, try eating more strawberries or carrots next time and make sure your Sim is actively listening to the Pop and Alternative stations; just being in the same room without listening to the music is not enough. It’s also best to do these things as early in the pregnancy as possible, ideally in the first trimester. That way, you have more time to influence the gender the way you want.
Have Twins and Triplets
Having twins and triplets in The Sims 4 is a bit trickier than influencing the gender of your baby. It’s harder to guarantee the outcome you want, especially without any DLC packs. Having twins and triplets is largely up to chance even if you are trying to influence the Sims 4 pregnancy. There are still a few things you can do to increase the odds, however.
The Fertile reward trait is a base game reward trait that any young adult or older Sim can purchase for 3,000 satisfaction points. The Fertile reward trait increases the odds of successfully Trying for a Baby and also increases the odds of conceiving twins or triplets. If both parents have the Fertile trait, they will stack and increase the odds further. So if you want to have the best possible chance of conceiving twins or triplets in the base game, both parents should have the Fertile trait.
For players with DLC, conceiving twins and triplets is much easier with these Sims 4 pregnancy tips and tricks:
- City Living: This expansion pack comes with a lot trait called On Ley Line. This almost guarantees that any pregnancy that happens on this lot will result in twins. However, triplets are still rare.
- Vampires: This game pack comes with a lot trait called On a Dark Ley Line. This almost guarantees that any pregnancy that happens on this lot will result in twins but BEWARE: the babies will most likely be born as vampires, even if both parents are human! Triplets are still rare.
- Spa Day: This game pack allows Sims to visit the spa and get a fertility massage. After getting a fertility massage, Sims will have a flirty moodlet for a period of time. This moodlet increases the odds of conception when Trying for a Baby and also increases the odds of conceiving twins and triplets.
- Outdoor Retreat: This game pack adds a new Herbalism skill to the game. Sims with maxed out Herbalism skill can craft the Elixir of Fertility. This herbal remedy temporarily increases the chances of having twins and triplets when a Sim drinks it.
Sims can also wish for a child at the wishing well if they own the Romantic Garden stuff pack; however, there is no evidence to suggest that any of the wish outcomes affect the chances of having twins or triplets.
Male Pregnancy? Yep!
Gender is non-binary in The Sims 4. All Sims can have any gender identity that you desire. This means that The Sims 4 pregnancy is not strictly binary, either. You can have masculine Sims who can get pregnant, give birth, and even breastfeed their babies.
By default, all feminine framed Sims will have the ability to become pregnant and will not be able to get other Sims pregnant. Likewise, all masculine Sims will not be able to become pregnant but will be able to get other Sims pregnant. You can change these settings in Create A Sim if you like.
In the Gender Customization tab, you can choose whether your Sim can become pregnant, get other Sims pregnant, or neither. You can do this for all young adult or older Sims regardless of their gender identity or physical frame. If you want a masculine Sim to become pregnant, simply tick the Can Become Pregnant box in CAS. These settings are useful for allowing same sex couples to have biological children together. You can have two women or two men have a child together just by editing their gender settings in CAS.
Same sex children are also possible through the new Science Baby feature added in a free game update! Use the cell phone to have a Science Baby by yourself or with any other Sim your Sim is friends with. No romantic relationship required and no gender restrictions! It costs $1,000 to have a Science Baby and you can skip the entire Sims 4 pregnancy process! Your Sim will go to the hospital for the procedure and come home with their new baby the same day!
For players with the Get To Work expansion, Sims 4 pregnancy can get a little… weird. Get To Work adds aliens to the game and those aliens can abduct your Sims. Masculine Sims who ordinarily would not be able to get pregnant can return home pregnant with an alien child after being abducted.
Sims 4 Pregnancy Cheats
The following cheats have been disabled by the developers and no longer work without using the All Cheats Unlocked mod by TwistedMexi. This means that console players will not be able to use these cheats. We’ve included them anyway for PC players who do use mods in case they would like access to these cheats.
All cheats listed require you to enable advanced cheats using the shortcut CTRL+SHIFT+C and typing testingcheats true into the cheat box.
Guarantee Twins or Triplets
- If your Sim is already pregnant and you want to speed up their pregnancy, first find the Sim’s ID number. Open the cheat box and type in sims.get_sim_ID_by_name FirstName LastName. Obviously, replace FirstName and LastName with your pregnant Sim’s actual name.
- You will see the message “has sim id:” followed by a string of numbers. This is your Sim’s ID number.
- Next, type in pregnancy.force_offspring_count SimID #. Replace “SimID” with your Sim’s ID number. Replace the “#” with the number of babies you want the Sim to have (1-3).
Go Into Labour Immediately
- Type in the cheat sims.add_buff buff_Pregnancy_InLabor. Your pregnant Sim will immediately go into labour.
Speed Up Pregnancy
Use the following Sims 4 pregnancy cheats to skip immediately to a specific trimester and speed up your Sim’s pregnancy:
- add_buff buff_Pregnancy_Trimester1
- add_buff buff_Pregnancy_Trimester2
- add_buff buff_Pregnancy_Trimester3
Have Twins and Triplets Without Mods
So are there any Sims 4 pregnancy cheats that don’t require a mod to work? Not really, but there is a way to get the Fertile reward trait for free.
Use the cheat traits.equip_trait trait_Fertile to instantly add the Fertile reward trait to your Sim without needing to spend 3,000 satisfaction points!
Looking for a mod to enhance Sims 4 pregnancy and childbirth? Check out our walkthrough on the Realistic Childbirth Mod!