Customize your save… right down to the faculty!
We’ve told you how to make your own Principal’s Desks, but this time we’re explaining how to design your own faculty lineup! Janitor, Cafeteria Worker, Principal, and both Teachers included!
One thing that has been frustrating from the beginning about High School Years is the lack of customization. Although modders have done a lot to customize the school day, it’s sometimes nice to be able to customize a save without the use of mods. Here is how to replace the current faculty with Sims that you choose. Note: These sims do need to be the correct age for this trick to work.
Adding New Faculty
- Place the faculty you want in either one household, the easiest way, or in multiple households.
- Through manage worlds, enter each household and enter a cheat for each faculty member.
- Cafeteria Worker: traits.equip_trait trait_Hidden_HighSchool_NPC_CafWorker
- Janitor: traits.equip_trait trait_Hidden_HighSchool_NPC_Janitor
- Principal: traits.equip_trait trait_Hidden_HighSchool_NPC_Principle
- Teacher 1: traits.equip_trait trait_Hidden_HighSchool_NPC_Teacher1
- Teacher 2: traits.equip_trait trait_Hidden_HighSchool_NPC_Teacher2Note: Principal is spelled wrong in the cheat. This is how it needs to be spelled.
- Do not travel with these sims. Go back to Manage Worlds and remove them from your favorites by selecting them in My Households within Manage Households. Then, click the Plumbob on the bottom of the pop-up screen. Finally, press the heart in the family’s box inside My Households so they’re no longer a favorite. This marks the household no longer as an NPC.
Removing Previous Faculty
- To stop the previous faculty from showing up in rotation, you’ll need to use those same cheats, but with remove instead of equip.
- Cafeteria Worker: traits.remove_trait trait_Hidden_HighSchool_NPC_CafWorker
- Janitor: traits.remove_trait trait_Hidden_HighSchool_NPC_Janitor
- Principal: traits.remove_trait trait_Hidden_HighSchool_NPC_Principle
- Teacher 1: traits.remove_trait trait_Hidden_HighSchool_NPC_Teacher1
- Teacher 2: traits.remove_trait trait_Hidden_HighSchool_NPC_Teacher2
- Once again, leave the household without traveling through Manage Worlds.
- Remove the families from My Favorites. (As outlined previously.)
- After following these steps, your faculty will now consist of your chosen faculty!
Note: It is also possible to accomplish this by deleting the Sims.