Master the use of The Sims 4 Cheats on Console!
The Sims 4 has a wide variety of cheats players can use to tweak the game to their liking, all of which are available on both PC/Mac and consoles. The catch? Many of these cheats are locked on console until you enable them.
We’re going to show console players how to access all the same cheats PC players use.
Before enabling cheats on console, make sure you really want to do this! Enabling cheats will permanently disable trophies/achievements on that save!
- With the game open, press all 4 back triggers at the same time to open the cheat console. On PS4, this will be L1+L2+R1+R2. On Xbox, it will be LT+LB+RT+RB.
- Enter the cheat testingcheats true and press X (PS4) or A (Xbox) to confirm.
- You will get a popup asking you if you are sure you want to enable cheats on this save. Confirm again.
- You will now see the message “Cheats are enabled” and can now use all advanced cheats PC players use!
- Close the cheat console by pressing all four back triggers again. You can reopen it whenever you want to enter a new cheat.
Money cheats, skill cheats, free real estate cheats, and much more can now all be used on console after enabling cheats. In addition to being able to use more cheats, you also have access to hidden debug options on your Sims and the mailbox. To access these advanced options, press X+O (PS4) or A+B (Xbox) with a Sim or the mailbox highlighted.
There are some cheats on console that aren’t locked behind testingcheats and won’t disable your trophies/achievements:
- bb.moveobjects on – Removes placement restrictions in Build/Buy
- bb.showhiddenobjects – Unlocks hidden items in the Buy catalogue
- bb.showliveeditobjects – Unlocks hidden world décor in the Buy catalogue
- bb.enablefreebuild – Allows editing of special lots
- bb.ignoregameplayunlocksentitlement – Unlocks locked Build/Buy items, like career reward objects
- headlineeffects off/on – Toggles the plumbob, skill bar, and other overhead effects on or off
- cas.fulleditmode – Allows you to change physical features and traits in CAS whenever you want
- traits.equip_trait TraitName – Adds the specified trait to the selected Sim
- traits.remove_trait TraitName – Removes the specified trait from the selected Sim
Looking for more cheats? We’ve got you covered!