EA has just released their Q3 2020 Financial Report, sharing some details about the progress and sales of their games during the last 4 months.
During these 4 months The Sims 4 was able to hit a new milestone – over 20 million unique players!
- Digital net bookings* for the trailing twelve months was $4.128 billion, up 15% year-over-year and now represents 77% of total net bookings.
- During the quarter, EA launched Plants vs. Zombies: Battle for Neighborville™, Need for Speed™ Heat and Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order™.
- FIFA Ultimate Team™ matches were up nearly 40% year-over-year from launch through Q3.
- During the quarter, The Sims™ 4 surpassed 20 million unique players worldwide life-to-date.
To put some things in perspective, according to the Wikipedia’s List of best selling PC-Games, here’s how the previous Sims games performed:
- The Sims 1 – 11 million copies
- The Sims 2 – 6 million copies
- The Sims 3 – 7 million copies
There are also a few things to note regarding on why The Sims 4 is doing so well. First of all, the game was free for 7 days back in May 2019. Also, the exact same version of the base game was made available for two consoles – Xbox One and PS4.
We’ll keep you updated with more information on our website after the earnings call!