Build a baby-changing table for your little one’s nursery using nothing but some build cheats and your imagination!
As much as I love The Sims 4, I can’t deny that the babies… suck. They’re terrible. They might as well be a houseplant that poops itself and screams. But I deal with them because I love furnishing baby nurseries.
Today, I’m going to show you how to make a decorative baby changing table to help give your newborn nurseries a more realistic touch. It requires no mods or custom content. This can be done with just base game objects, but the more DLC you own, the more options you’ll have to customize the look of your baby changing tables!
- Start by finding a surface in Build/Buy. Counters work great and so do some accent tables; just remember to make sure the base is solid because you’ll need to hide part of the changing mat inside it.
- Open the cheat console with CTRL+SHIFT+C and type in bb.moveobjects on, then hit Enter.
- Next, find some type of cushion seating. I’m partial to the cube chairs from Spa Day but pet beds from Cats & Dogs or a base game ottoman also work well. You may need to size down pet beds and ottomans with the [ key.
- Raise the cushion so just the top part is slightly higher than the counter with the 9 key
- Hold Alt to freely place the cushion inside the counter, hiding the base of the object inside the counter
- The base of your changing table is done! Decorate it however you like with extra shelving, clutter, and whatever else you like! The rest is all up to your imagination!