There are two big updates coming your way to The Sims 4 for both PC / Mac and Xbox One / PS4 TOMORROW, April 16th 2019. Before we dive deeper into some regular reminders about what to do to prepare for each update, here’s what you need to know that will be coming your way on both versions of the game!
The Sims 4 for PC / Mac
Desktop and laptop players have two things confirmed that they should be excited about:
Although these are the things that have been officially confirmed for the latest update, there *could* be a few more things added with the update too. We won’t know for certain until we get a closer look at the patch notes tomorrow so stay tuned!
The Sims 4 for Xbox One / PS4
- Lunar New Year Content
- Keyboard + Mouse Support
- New Community Creations added to My Library
We’ll be making sure to do a full overview for both updates as well – stick around!
PC / Mac Update Preparations
Patch day is tomorrow , and you know what that means! A whole lot of panicked Simmers going “My mods don’t work anymore, HELP!” and “What do I do with my mods and CC when I update?”
But don’t worry! As long as you know exactly what to do whenever a new patch drops, you won’t have any problems with your mods or your CC after a game update. Here’s what to do whenever The Sims 4 gets a new update:
Patch Day 101
- Before updating, remove your Mods folder from your game entirely. You do not have to delete it. Just move it to your Desktop for safekeeping.
- Update your game like normal through Origin.
- Do NOT put your Mods folder back in right away! It is likely that many of your mods will be broken now. They need to be updated.
- To update your mods, return to where you downloaded them and check to see if the creator has released an update. You will need to redownload the updated mod and replace the old version in your Mods folder. It can take creators a few days to get around to this, so please be patient. In the meantime, you will either have to avoid playing the game, or play without your mods.
- Only after you are 100% certain all your mods are compatible with the latest patch, put your Mods folder back in. Make sure you re-enable script mods in the game options next time you play.
- CC will not usually need updates but if you are having issues with some CC after a game update, it’s best to remove it and see if the creator has updated it.
- Yes, having to update your mods for every patch is annoying. We know, but that’s just the nature of using mods. If all of this sounds like too much hassle for you, then mods are probably not for you.
If you follow these step-by-step instructions as standard protocol for every update, you should never encounter any problems with outdated mods causing errors, freezing, or game crashes.
Are you excited for the new Freelancer career coming in the update tomorrow? Tell us all about it here in the comments or chat with us on social media!