Saddle up and get ready to take the reins with new gameplay info!
The Sims 4 Horse Ranch gameplay trailer dropped today and if we thought we couldn’t have been any more excited for this expansion, we thought wrong! We got a glimpse of so much new information about the type of gameplay we can expect in this expansion and we can’t wait to saddle up on July 20th!
Let’s dive right into everything shown and described in The Sims 4 Horse Ranch gameplay trailer!
Table of Contents
The Sims 4 Horse Ranch Gameplay Trailer Summary
If you haven’t seen the trailer yet, you can watch it below!
Don’t have time to watch the full trailer? No problem! Read on to get the full summary in handy point form notes!
- Horses must have their hooves picked and be brushed on a regular basis to keep them happy and healthy.
- Sims must also invest time into playing with them, training them, and yes, picking up their poop piles. Lots and lots of poop piles. Save all that poop for fertilizer!
- Both adult horses and foals have a large equine ball they can play with for fun.
- Foals can inherit the traits of their parents so there is some strategy involved in breeding.
- Horses have different personalities and traits just like Sims.
- Horses are household members like cats and dogs. They are not attached to a shed like cows and llamas. They can roam freely anywhere in the world.
- Horses will react poorly to an inexperienced rider on their back. Some horses with more aggressive temperaments may react worse than others. It’s a good idea to pick a patient, gentle horse to practice on at first.
- Horse coats are fully paintable just like cats and dogs. We can see a horse painted from head to toe like a clown in the trailer, which is both hilarious and adorable.
- Horse stables are fully customizable and can be built from the ground up. Think of it as being similar to how you’d build a greenhouse yourself.
- Mini goats and sheep also require daily care and feeding to keep them healthy and happy.
- Chestnut Ridge has an equestrian centre where all the local equestrian competitions take place, such as barrel racing and jumping.
- Sims can take their horses to the equestrian centre to train for these competitions.
- Rewards for winning equestrian competitions include decorative plaques you can display on the wall, which we get a glimpse of near the beginning of the trailer.
- Sims can hire a new service NPC to help them run their farm. Hire a Ranch Hand from the community board in town. Ranch Hands will tend to your crops as well as your animals. You can also check the community board to see if there are any horses up for sale or adoption.
- You will see Sims riding their horses all over Chestnut Ridge. This new world in The Sims 4 Horse Ranch has lots of breathtaking, scenic views for both Sims and horses to enjoy while out on a ride together.
- There is a big focus on community in Chestnut Ridge so spend some time getting to know the neighbours. You might learn a thing or two from some of them… like top secret nectar recipes!
- Nectar making makes a return to The Sims series in the The Sims 4 Horse Ranch! Grow fresh ingredients to stomp into juice that you can then turn into delicious nectar!
- Enjoy the fruits of your nectar making labour yourself or turn it into a booming business!
- Line dancing is a new type of group dance coming to this expansion pack!