The Sims 4 Discovery Quests are a new tutorial feature added to the game with the October 31st, 2023 free game update. They are quick and easy interactive tutorials designed to help players find their footing in the game and learn the basic mechanics. While veteran players probably won’t learn anything new from these quests, the free rewards may still make them worth your while to do.
Learn how to complete the Navigating Needs discovery quest for potion rewards!
While playing a new game, you may be offered the opportunity to do the Navigating Needs discovery quest. This quest will walk you through all the main ways you can take care of your Sim’s motives to keep them in a good mood. It’s very straight forward and quick to complete and the rewards are worth the minute or so of effort, in our opinion.
Table of Contents
The Sims 4 Discovery Quests: Navigating Needs Walkthrough
Read on for a quick and a detailed breakdown of how to complete the Navigating Needs discovery quest in The Sims 4!
If you just want to know what the goals and rewards are for the Navigating Needs Sims 4 Discovery Quests, you can get the quick and easy breakdown right below. Good luck on your quest!
- Socialize with another Sim
- Use a toilet
- Take a shower or bath
- Read a book or watch TV
- Take a nap
- Cook a Meal or Have a Quick Meal
- Instant Hygiene Potion x1
- Sleep Replacement Potion x1
- Instant Fun Potion x1
Need more instruction? Perhaps you’re a new player still learning the ropes. Not to worry! We’ll walk you through every step so you too can complete this quest and enjoy some sweet rewards.
Starting the Quest
If you don’t have the Navigating Needs discovery quest currently, you’ll have to trigger it through gameplay. Since discovery quests are new, we’re still figuring out the finer details about how to trigger them but after running a few tests, it seems like you have a good chance of triggering a discovery quest if you do things related to that discovery quest. For Navigating Needs, that means taking care of your Sim’s motives. In our case, we received an offer to start this quest when we sent our tired Sim to bed.
Discovery quest offers will come in the form of a phone notification in the bottom left of your screen. You can choose to reject the quest, accept it, or save it for a later time.
Completing the Quest Goals
Once you’ve accepted this quest, you’ll have a series of goals to complete in the top left corner of your screen. You can complete these as quickly or as leisurely as you want, it’s up to you. If you’re speeding your way through it, you can expect to be finished in 2-3 real world minutes, tops. The goals are very quick and easy to complete.
You can complete the goals in any order you want; however, only up to 3 goals will be displayed at a time. Completing a goal replaces it with the next goal until all goals have been completed.
- Socialize with another Sim: Socializing with other Sims is how you keep your Sim’s Social motive in the green. If your household has more than one Sim, you can complete this goal easily by just talking to one of your housemates. If your Sim lives alone, they’ll have to venture outside to meet some Sims. Luckily, there are always Sims walking around residential areas so you shouldn’t need to leave your home lot to find someone to chat with. Once you’ve located and interacted with another Sim, this goal will be complete.
- Use a toilet: Sims have bladders and when their bladders are full, their Bladder motive will be in the red. Get them to a toilet ASAP to avoid an embarrassing accident! Most starter homes in the game already have a bathroom equipped with a toilet but if you purchased an unfurnished home or an empty plot of land, you can purchase a toilet from Build/Buy under the Bathroom room sort. Place it down, exit Build/Buy mode and tell your Sim to use it in order to complete this goal.
- Take a shower or bath: When Sims haven’t bathed or showered in a while, they’ll start to stink, making both them and everyone around them miserable. Avoid that rank BO by showering or bathing regularly. Most starter homes in the game already have a bathroom equipped with a shower or a bath tub (sometimes both) but if you purchased an unfurnished home or an empty plot of land, you can purchase a shower or bath tub from Build/Buy under the Bathroom room sort. Place it down, exit Build/Buy mode and tell your Sim to use it in order to complete this goal.
- Read a book or watch TV: Life would be pretty boring for your Sim if they never did anything fun, right? That’s why Sims have a Fun motive. There are countless ways for your Sims to have fun in The Sims 4, especially if you own DLC packs but the two most straight-forward ways for a Sim to have fun is by reading and watching TV. If your Sim’s house does not have a TV or a bookshelf, you can buy these things under the Living Room and Study room sorts in Build/Buy. Alternatively, you can also visit any bar to watch TV or travel to a library to read some books. Click on a TV and watch it or click on a bookshelf and read a book in order to complete this task.
- Take a Nap: Sometimes, Sims just need a quick pick-me-up to get them through the rest of the. If their Energy motive is low but it’s not time for bed yet, a nap might do them some good. Sims can nap on any couch or bench that seats 2-3 Sims, or on a bed. Chances are, you have a bed or a couch in your Sim’s home but if you don’t, look for them under the Living Room and Bedroom room sorts in Build/Buy and buy one. Have your Sim nap on a couch or bed and this goal will be complete!
- Cook a Meal or Have a Quick Meal: Sims get hungry just like real people. When they do, you’ll need to feed them to satisfy their Hunger motive. There are lots of places to purchase food on community lots, but at home, your Sims will need a fridge, a stove, and at least one unoccupied counter in order to prepare and cook a meal. For a quick meal, you only need a fridge. You can purchase all of these items in Build/Buy under the Kitchen room sort if your Sim doesn’t already have them. If your Sim has no Cooking skill, it may be safer to grab a quick meal from the fridge and avoid a potential fire. Either way, click on a fridge to cook a meal yourself or grab a quick meal and complete this goal.
Reap Your Rewards!
Congrats on completing the Navigating Needs Sims 4 Discovery Quests! For your efforts, your Sim will receive some potions in their inventory that will help them replenish their motives when they’re low. Your Sim will have a total of 3 potions in their inventory: an Instant Hygiene, Instant Fun, and Sleep Replacement potion. Drink these to get a quick top-up on your Hygiene, Fun, and Energy motives.
Considering that each of these potions costs 100 satisfaction points in the rewards store, getting three for free isn’t a bad reward for the minimal effort it takes to complete this discovery quest.
If you’re a fan of games with quests, you’ll love this Baldur’s Gate 3 custom content for The Sims 4!