SimGuruDrake has announced today that The Sims 3 website will be down for site maintenance and that they’ll change the way you purchase SimPoints and Worlds from The Sims 3 Store.
Today the The Sims 3 store / website will be going down for a short time for site maintenance starting at 11AM PT. We will be making an update to the way that you purchase SimPoints and Worlds on The Sims 3 store.
When selecting a SimPoint or World bundle you will now be brought to Origin.com for your payment.
The payment flow will goes as follows:
- Log in to Origin.com using your thesims3.com username and password.
- Choose the amount of SimPoints you want and follow the instructions on-screen to purchase them.
- Go back to https://store.thesims3.com/ and refresh the page (press CTRL + F5 on a PC or Command + R on a Mac)
- Your SimPoints balance will refresh too, and you’ll see your new points have been added.
- If your SimPoints balance does not correctly display your expected balance, log out of https://store.thesims3.com/ and log back in.
- If you’re also logged into the game, or have the launcher open, you’ll need to exit and restart so that your new Points balance is updated in-game.
For World Bundles:
If you select a World Bundle from the store on thesims3.com, you’ll be taken to the Origin.com purchase page for that bundle.
If you’re asked to, please log in to Origin.com using your thesims3.com username and password.
Follow the instructions to complete your purchase and you will be given a code to redeem.
To redeem the code, go to the code redemption page on thesims3.com and enter your code.
- Click Redeem.
Next, go to your Purchase History and click the Download button for your new World.
The World should now be available for you to download through The Sims 3 launcher.