Head to Build Mode in the top right (The hammer and spanner symbol) then once in Build mode go to the top left and click the House symbol with a ! inside it. Here you can add up to 3 Lot Traits to the lot. Below are the descriptions of each Lot Trait and what they do:
- The homey vibe helps Sims quickly master the domestic arts of Cooking, Mixology, Handiness and Gardening.
- A great online connection helps out those looking to improve their Programming, Video Gaming or Writing skills.
- The acoustics are perfect here! A great place for any musician to hone their skills.
- The secluded vibe means there’s little to distract great minds from the study of Logic or Rocket Science.
- The spacious but intimate feel makes it easier to practice Charisma, Comedy and Mischief to your heart’s content.
- The quality of light here makes Painting and Photography much easier to master.
- Oodles of fresh air make for a bracing environment to exercise.
- A home lot with this trait deters all but the most determined visitors (It has little effect on commercial venues).
Lot Traits that boost skills will bring new visual effects over your Sim’s head once they start working on a skill that’s related to a certain Lot Trait. Down below you can see examples of Fast Internet and Homey Lot Traits influencing my Sims: