The first Fiscal Year of 2018 has started and EA is reporting that The Sims 4 is doing more than well in not just the last quarter but in the last 12 months. Here’s some important remarks by EA for The Sims:
- Our Sims community continues to be strong: monthly active players in The Sims 4 increased more than 20% year-over-year in Q1, and we’re excited to have a new Sims Mobile game in soft launch.
- Yesterday, we announced that The Sims 4 is coming to Xbox One and PS4 players this November, bringing the same unique gameplay and self-expression from the PC game to console players. Much of the content added post-launch on PC will be included, with more game updates to come.
- Net sales for the quarter were $775 million, up $93 million on the prior year, and $25 million above our guidance. There was an FX headwind of approximately $16 million compared to the prior year. The outperformance relative to guidance was driven by Ultimate Team, The Sims 4 and FIFA Online 3.
- Live services net sales were up 22% year on year, to $420 million. The growth was broad based, driven by FIFA Ultimate Team, Battlefield 1, and The Sims 4.
- Notably, Sims 4 expansion packs continue to perform extremely well, and the last twelve months have been the best in the title’s history.