The Sims Team has released a brand new Update for The Sims 4 on PC and Mac!
To download the latest version of The Sims 4, simply open your Origin program and if the game doesn’t update automatically, right click on The Sims 4 and select ”Update”.
In case you have Mods or Custom Content, the game will automatically disable them for you after first launching The Sims 4 after the update. To re-enable all your Mods and Custom Content, select the Settings option in the Menu and select Settings. Under the”Other” section you’ll find the ”Enable Custom Content and Mods” option. Check it and restart your game in order for it to take effect!
Update 04/07/2020 – PC: 22.214.171.1240 / Mac: 126.96.36.1990
We know that times are a bit weird right now, but we’re keeping things as normal as possible over here so we have a few fixes for you all.
Thanks for your continued support, we hope that you all are staying home and staying safe out there.
FIXES & UPDATES
The Sims 4
- Improved compatibility with newer macOS releases, refer to FAQ for more details here
- Made some small visual and functional improvements to the Main Menu.
- Custom paintings on nearby lots that are taken a picture of from your active lot will now properly flag your lot as custom content when uploading it to the Gallery.
- So sneaky!
- We addressed an issue resulting in a “Conflicting Block Cluster” error message that could occur while building, preventing you from being able to draw or move walls.
- Non-active traited Sims will no longer get the “Not Enough Exercise” tense moodlet.
- Stair railings will no longer appear incomplete when placed against a half-wall.
- Whims are once again able to be completed after Travel.
- Whims are things your Sims want to do, but you don’t have to.
- You can now safely raise or lower the foundation of The Nookstone lot in Oasis Springs – walls, floors, and furniture will no longer disappear.
- The Tutorial will no longer lock if your Sim is promoted before you are given the “You Need to Gain Skill to be Promoted” task.
- Fixed a graphic issue that could occur on Mac with some Intel graphics cards that caused plants in Windenburg to appear blocky when in Laptop Mode.
- So if you are on a Mac, with an intel graphics card, and you are in laptop mode, and you are playing in Windenburg… we got you covered.
- Bulldozing 888 Spire Apartment lots should no longer result in error code 123:28b6ee3b.
- We hope it does not result in error code: 123:456789abcde
- We are fairly certain it should not result in error code: 8675-309
- And under no circumstance should error code 42 occur.
Cats & Dogs
- The male veterinarian coat now has a properly visible ID badge.
- Sims should no longer get the “Chilled” buff when the thermostat is set to warmer.
- Unless you have a heater that turns on and off repeatedly due to a bad switch in the system, and then when it decides to fail completely, it just ignores input for about 3 hours, and then when you wake up in the morning you have to carry a heavy blanket with you… ah hm… nm.
- Actor prep tasks will no longer reset on traveling.
- This is the second travel issue in the game… was it trying to tell us something?
- Beaches are available for weddings.
- Sims living in dorms should no longer receive high bills to live there.
- The “Take bath with Soaks” and “Take Mud Bath” interactions are once again, once again available on Showertubs.
- This time we won’t have to remove the fix because of… crosses fingers.
- Child sims will no longer get a flirty buff after eating Flutterberry.
Realm of Magic
- Magical Clones will no longer become permanent Sims after traveling.
- Sims can once again resume writing books when their familiars are active.
Tiny Living Stuff
- Tiny Home Residential lots added to vacation worlds via The Gallery will now properly convert into rental lots.