Yesterday SimGuruRomeo clarified a few things about The Sims 4 Cottage Living on his Twitter profile, including information about the Ponds Tool coming to The Sims 4 Base Game for free!
Yup, beside the fact that he confirmed that the Pond Tool will be a free addition to The Sims 4 he also clarified some things regarding how the Pond Tool functions and what you’ll be able to do with it.
Can my Sims swim in ponds?
We wanted to provide players with as much flexibility in customizing the looks and shapes of their ponds. Because of this, Sims will not be able to swim in them. However, we wanted to make sure there was fun gameplay associated with ponds. You can find Sims splashing in the ponds edges, catching fish that you have stocked in the pond, as well as decorate your pond with brand new objects and VFX.
Beside answering this important question he also answered plenty more over on Twitter regarding how they work. Here are the most important facts about the Ponds Tool!
- It will function in conjunction with terrain tool. You will use the terrain tool to dig the hole you want, and then you will use a separate water tool to fill said hole to your desired height.
- Sims will be able to splash and play in the shallow edges of the pond.
- What you see here is the Bagley river from the new world. The new world of Henford-on-Bagley will have various locations Sims can swim off lot.
- Ponds will freeze in the winter. For the same reasons Sims are unable to Swim, Sims are unable to Skate on ponds.
- Ducks are one of the many Pond VFX that players can place using the new Pond Tool. The Pond Tool will also be a free base game update for everyone when Cottage Living drops.