Using nothing but official objects in the game!
Hi Simmers! I’m here today with a bite sized mini-tutorial for you today that’s going to walk you through how to build your own custom desk setup using some build cheats and shelves. This setup is completely functional and requires no custom content or mods. You can use any combination of computer/chair/desk/shelving you like but I’ll be using base game objects to show that this can be done with just the base game.
For console players, you can safely use these build cheats without disabling your trophies/achievements.
- To start, find a desk, desk chair, and computer you like and place them against a wall, snapping the computer and chair to the desk like normal.
- Enter the cheat bb.moveobjects on
- Select the desk and press the [ key to size the desk down to its smallest size. For consoles, press both triggers and left on the d-pad.
- Choose a wall shelf you like and press Alt while placing to match it to the height of the computer. For consoles, toggle between full tile, half tile, and free placement with L2/LT. You may need to move the original desk forward so the computer rests on the shelf. You can also do this with Alt/LT/L2. Make sure you’re moving the desk, not the chair or computer.
- To cover up the small desk underneath, you can either pull it forward to hide it in the wall or size down small cabinets/decor to cover it up. I chose to hide it in the wall.
- Decorate the rest of the shelf and surrounding area however you like! You now have a custom desk setup that looks unique and saves some space.
- This setup is functional but has a small catch; you need to tell your Sim to sit first, then use the computer.