Build your Elementary School before Go to School V5 is Released!
Zerbu just released The Sims 4 Go to School V5 Builder Tools in anticipation of the release of The Sims 4 High School Years update for The Sims 4 Go to School Mod Pack. Go to School is the popular mod by Zerbu that allows Simmers to go to school with their Sims.
Go to School has faculty (Principal, Caterer, and Janitor) and specific subjects. Also, each school day, there are activity-based goals for students to complete. (Note from Zerbu: If you’ve used V4, you might notice there’s no object for the counsellor. I have plans to bring back the counsellor at some point, but the NPC stickers will be optional, so custom schools won’t require any CC.)
For a full list of everything that The Sims 4 Go to School Mod Pack V4 does currently, see Zerbu’s blog.
The Sims 4 Go to School V5
Zerbu outlined the plan for Go to School V5 on Twitter.
- Instead of having a morning class and an afternoon class, like how high school works in High School Years, there will be a morning class, and in the afternoon, the player will be given goals to perform activities like in the current version of Go to School.
- The current version has five subjects, with one occuring each day: Personal Development, Problem Solving, Creative Arts, Health and Fitness and Science and Technology. The new version is based on the old, but with some big differences.
- Science and Technology will be merged with Problem Solving, while music goals will be split from Creative Arts and moved to a new Performing Arts class. This new class is also planned to have acting related goals if you have Get Famous, assuming nothing goes wrong.
- That’s not all. There will be a complete new Agriculture class! With the base game, this will focus on Gardening. If you have Cottage Living, and the appropriate objects are placed in the school, there will be goals related to animals!
- To make room, Personal Development will be removed, as there isn’t much content to fill it with.
- The school schedule will be as follows: 8-10: Morning free time (minor social goals) 10-11: Morning class (attend class, works similar to high school) 11-12:30 – Lunch (more social goals) 12:30-3 – Activity goals
These Builder Tools include the Elementary School custom venue ahead of the release. This allows builders to start building schools before the mod is released!
The lot requires:
- Toilet: 2
- Sinks: 2
- Whiteboard: 1
- High School Cafeteria Station: 1
- Principal’s Desk: 1
- Loud Speaker: 1
- Dining Table: 2
- All subjects: Bookshelf: 1
- All subjects: Computer: 1
- Creative Arts: Activity Table: 1
- Environment and Culture: Stereo: 1
- Environment and Culture: Planter Box: 1
- Performing Arts: Stereo: 1
- Performing Arts: Piano: 1
- Performing Arts: Violin: 1
- Problem Solving: Chess Table: 1
- Problem Solving: Science Table: 1
- Problem Solving: Telescope: 1
Optional items include:
- Environment and Culture: Animal Shed: 1
- Environment and Culture: Chicken Coop: 1
- Environment and Culture: Puppet Theatre: 1
- Health and Fitness: Basketball Hoop:
- Health and Fitness: Meditation Stool: 1
- Health and Fitness: Soccer Ball: 1
- Health and Fitness: Yoga Mat: 1
- Performing Arts: Karaoke Machine: 1
- Performing Arts: Pipe Organ: 1
- Performing Arts: Puppet Theatre: 1
Zerbu included some tips so players have the best experience:
- Place the cafeteria somewhere that is easily accessible from the main classroom, so Sims won’t take too long to route there after class.
- Every day is a different subject. These are (in order from Monday to Friday): Problem Solving, Health and Fitness, Creative Arts, Environment and Culture and Performing Arts. After lunch, Sims will receive goals to perform activities. It is recommended you place objects required for the same subject close to each other, so Sims won’t take too long to route between them.
- All classes have a “Read” goal and optional “Study Online” goals, and some have other goals that require a computer. It is recommended you place computers and bookshelves close to other activity objects.
- Since this only unlocks the lot type, it should be safe to have both this and V4 installed at the same time.
In a Tweet, Zerbu stated, “I recommend putting objects from the same subject in the same room, but you can have separate rooms for each subject”.
We tried building an Elementary School and liked the integration between the Builder Tools and The Sims 4 High School Years. Although, due to the limitations of The Sims 4 High School Years Expansion Pack, there are limited options for several of the requirements. Hopefully, more creators release cc that fills the requirements of The Sims 4 High School Years pack since they will also be used for Go To School.
This tool is a great idea to help ensure that there are numerous Elementary Schools available when the Mod Pack launches! We are excited to try out The Sims 4 Go to School V5 and can’t wait to see all the Elementary Schools that people build while we wait!
Go to School V4
“Follow your Sims to school and help them achieve their education. Attend a different subject every day with the teacher NPC, and demonstrate your knowledge through activity goals. Bored? See the Counsellor for a boost of spirit. Want more to do? Elementary students can apply for special opportunities (unlockable aspirations) from the Principal for a chance to earn Emblems and redeem them for reward traits that will help them later in life.
That’s not all! Older Sims (or unusually gifted Child Sims who have succeeded in boosting their adult skills) can pass their knowledge onto other Sims and teach entire classes with the podium.“
Want to try out The Sims 4 Go to School Mod Pack V4 while waiting for The Sims 4 Go to School V5 to be released? You can download it for free from Zerbu’s Blog. Make sure to download ALL the required files.
Go to School V5 Builder Tools
“This mod unlocks the “Elementary School” lot type, so you can get started on building your own elementary school now! This version includes a built-in checklist of all the objects, both required and optional.”
Download The Sims 4 Go to School V5 Builder Tools here for free! Make sure to download ALL the required files.