With The Sims 4 on Console being release this week and Cats & Dogs out now, we take one final look back at The Sims games on consoles with today focusing on The Sims 3 era!
The Sims 3
Xbox 360 & PlayStation 3
The Sims 3 was released on Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 in October 2010. This was also the first time that players could download content from the Exchange using their Xbox Live and PlayStation Network memberships. Also this was the first time you could upload and download player created content as well.
The Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 versions of the game were very similar to the PC version of the game but with the addition of the new Karma Powers which, you could use to help your Sims or ruin your Sims.
Of course that’s not all that the the Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 versions had to offer. There were some features that hadn’t been seen in previous
- There are live cycles and it is possible to have Child Sims.
- Your Sims wishes are up to you to fulfill. You can make your Sim’s dreams come true or not!
- Completeing challenges unlocks more objects, buildings and landmarks.
- Create-A-Sim allows you to make very unique Sims especially with their traits!
There was some paid and free downloadable content for The Sims 3 which was available from the Xbox Marketplace/PlayStation Store. These packs included Asian Fusion, Ultra Lounge Pack, Hairstyles Pack, Ultra Lounge Kids Bedroom and Ultra Lounge Teens Set.
The Nintendo Wii version of The Sims 3 was released in November 2010, a few weeks after the initial console release. The Wii version of the game was similar to that of the Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 version except for a handful of differences.
- The Wii version is based in the Vista Beach neighbourhood where as the Xbox 360 & PlayStation 3 version is based in Moonlight Bay.
- Exclusive Toruism Career and Skate Park community lot.
- Sims can learn to swim and surf.
- Weather can be controlled by using Karma Powers.
- A handful of traits, careers and lifetime wishes as well as weather are exclusive to the Nintendo Wii version of the game.
The Sims 3 wouldn’t be complete with out having a trusty handheld version of the game. The Nintendo DS version was released at the same time as the Nintendo Wii version in November 2010.
The game itself was again set in a different neighbourhood but this time your Sims would find themselfs in Beacon Bay surrounded by some familar faces as well like Malcolm Landgraab and Alexander Goth.
The Nintendo DS version was similar to that of the Xbox 360, PlayStation 3 and Wii versions and again featured the exclusive Karma Powers. You can complete challenges to unlock more content and control your Sim’s destinies.
The Nintendo 3DS version of The Sims 3 was released in March 2011 and although may have the same box art as the Nintendo DS version except the game was very different and you have the added option to play in 3D. With an improved user interface, new graphics and some other smaller changes. The game itself though has the same concept of that as the other console versions. It still includes the Karma Powers, Create-A-Sim features (now with face mapping) and everything else that players loved about The Sims 3.
Don’t worry we haven’t forgetten about The Sims 3 Pets! Just carry on to the next page to continue reading.