The Sims Team has released a brand new Update for The Sims 4 for Console devices – Xbox One and PS4!
Update: 04/16/2019 – v1.14
Great news for console Simmers!
Finally, we get to answer the often asked question, When is mouse & keyboard support coming to PlayStation 4 and Xbox One? The answer… right now!
- Mouse & Keyboard support is available to all console players of The Sims 4. Simply connect your mouse & keyboard of choice and away you go.
- You may be wondering how to adjust the mouse sensitivity or switch to left handed play. PlayStation 4 and Xbox One handle these settings for you. Just head to the following locations on your console to make changes:
- PlayStation 4 – Settings > Devices> Mouse
- Xbox One – Settings > Kinect & devices > Mouse
- Lunar New Year came a little late to console but now you can extend the celebrations with
- New Recipes
- Vegetable Dumplings – Requires Level 1 Cooking Skill
- Mud Carp – Requires Level 7 Cooking Skill
- New Objects
- Shadow of the Moon Table – A six seat round dining table — perfect for family meals!
- Moon-Gazing Dining Chair
- Fiery Moon Gift Centerpiece
- Wealth of the Moon Envelopes
- Lucky Citrus Tree of the Moon
- Paper Lantern of the Wiseacre Moon
- Symbols of the Watery Moon
- Sycee of the Prosperous Moon
- Moon Panda Toy
- Year of the Pig Statuette
- New Clothing & Accessories
- 2 dresses
- 1 pair of fan earrings
- 1 jade necklace
- 1 jacket
- 1 dress
- 1 jacket
- 1 yin and yang necklace
- 1 dress
- 1 hairstyle
- 1 shirt
- Sims will no longer be able to lie about employing each other in order to avoid marriage.
- Fixed an issue where the Audio for the tutorial references skill levels for career progression.
- Fixed an issue where terrain manipulation might crash the game when players were manipulating to close to the edge…
- Fixed an issue where clicking various spots with terrain tools would cause an error.
- The scroll bar in text messages will no longer reset the text field back to the top.
- Fixed an error that would happen when adding an extended roof to the top of an object.
- Corrected texture issues for the solid blue pants.
- Corrected texture issues for rolled jean pants.
- Corrected shadows that were being added to clothes from a few necklaces.
- Fixed and error when players would switch between children that were created through genetics.
- Fixed a few instances where terrain paint would not correct clear when using the bulldoze option in Build.
- Fixed an error when trying to place a Nightclub on a lot that is smaller than the lot that is provided.
- The Millie Bobby Brown Sim didn’t know what to wear to attend parties, so we helped her pick out a new outfit.
- Fixed an error when trying to exit the pool in First Person Camera.
- Thanks to all the feedback, we have added more ways to customize controls while in 1st Person Mode which you can find under Game Options > Game Camera.
- 1st Person Mode should no longer terrify you with Sims that have missing heads.
- Playing basketball on the Skye Fitness lot while in 1st Person Mode won’t require you to restart The Sims 4, so no more excuses for missing that 3 pointer.
- Adjusting light intensity on items near the top of the lot will not cause the panel to display off screen.
- Listening to music on the Lin-Z Smart Speaker will now count towards the Listen to Music club rule.
- Leaf Piles should no longer become stuck in neighborhoods; they should automatically get cleaned up at the start of each winter season.
- Fixed a clipping issue that occurred when wearing the toddler’s rain boots with certain pairs of pants.
- Fixed two toddler hats which were causing unintended shadows to appear on the toddler’s eyes.
- Fixed a text issue in the 24 hour live stream buff. Please excuse any technical difficulties the stream will be back up shortly.
- Your Sims acting agent will no longer give you false pay information when completing a gig. Those agents are always trying to skim a little off the top.
- Fixed a texture issue with the SciFi Helmet and Straight Skirt.
- Corrected placeholder text on the Celebrity Home lot Moodlet.
- Fixed an issue that prevented Sims from staying longer on a gig to practice their acting skills.
- Corrected text issue in the Charity Stream Moodlet.
- Fixed floating Sims while wearing one of the high skirts.
- Corrected Text issue in the Tiresome Energies buff from the Crystal Healing Helmet
- Fixed an error when placing Luminary’s Exotic Water Garden on a bulldozed lot.
- Your Sims can now pester… er… visit, any campers of their choosing in Granite Falls.
- Fixed an error where Sims would get stuck in the Forest Hideaway lot in Granite Falls.
- Corrected texture issue on Buttoned Pants.
Of course, we have added a whole lot of community creations into My Library as well as brought over some familiar faces from past Sims titles like The Newbie Family and The Grunt Family.
Now, where did I put that mouse and keyboard…