It’s official! Island Living has been confirmed as the next expansion pack for The Sims 4! The announcement was made by @SimGuruLyndsay and @SimGuruDuke in a livestream at EA Play today, and they had a lot to share with us about the upcoming expansion pack.
Here’s everything we know so far about The Sims 4 Island Living!
- The Sims 4 Island Living will be released for PC/Mac on June 21st, 2019.
- The expansion is heavily influenced by Polynesian culture.
- There will be a brand new island world called Sulani.
- Sulani is a fully residential world, not a vacation destination.
- The island of Sulani changes over time, depending on the choices your Sims make and how they treat the environment.
- Sulani is home to an active volcano. The volcano can erupt at times!
- The neighbourhoods are diverse. Sims can live near the coast or higher up in the hills.
- Sulani has alcoves that your Sims can explore.
- New tropical fish.
- There are dolphins in Sulani that your Sims can befriend. The dolphins can do tricks and squirt water at your Sims.
- New activities include riding the new aqua zips across the water, suntanning (and sunburns), snorkeling, building sand castles, looking for seashells, and playing some mischievous pranks on unsuspecting Sims.
- Sims can swim in the ocean.
- There is a new Conservationist career where your Sims will be able to help protect Sulani’s eco-system and take care of the island to make it a better place for everyone.
- In addition to the Conservationist career, Sulani has a variety of odd jobs your Sims can perform on their own time to make some money. These jobs have more flexible hours and allow your Sims to work part-time as a lifeguard or scuba instructor. Fishing has been expanded to fit in with these new odd jobs.
- The locals are very friendly and helpful. They might even run into your house to help you put out a fire!
- Tradition and culture are central to life on Sulani.
- Sims can partake in new social activities native to Sulani, like pit BBQs and kava parties.
- There are elemental spirits on Sulani who care very much about the island’s well being. They can help Sims who do their part to protect Sulani’s environment. They can also be problematic to Sims who disrespect the island.
- New traits unlock some new behaviours related to the island.
- Island Living comes with a wide variety of colourful and vibrant Polynesian-inspired clothing, accessories, hairstyles, and Build/Buy decor.
- Lounge chairs will be coming in this expansion!
- New lots that can be built over the water on stilts. Sims will be able to jump into the water directly off the decks of these lots.
- Mermaids are a new life state introduced in Island Living. They are fully playable Sims that can be created in CAS.
- Mermaids have a close relationship with dolphins, along with some special powers.
What new feature of Island Living are you most excited about? Let us know in the comments or come chat with us on social media!
Missed the reveal trailer? No problem! See the official trailer here!