Electronic Arts has just completed their earnings release call for Q2 of Fiscal Year 2020. In this earnings release EA has talked a lot about The Sims 4 and mentioned some interesting facts regarding the franchise in general and that it managed to surpass 5 billion dollars in lifetime sales!
Here’s everything they’ve mentioned in the release for The Sims 4:
- The Sims 4 also continues to be an incredible long-term live service with a growing audience. Monthly average players are up more than 40% year-over-year in The Sims 4, and engagement across the franchise has led The Sims to surpass $5 billion in lifetime sales. The Sims continues to be one of the great franchises in gaming, and we have plans to bring new experiences to its amazing players for a long time to come.
- And in Apex Legends, our EA SPORTS franchises, The Sims 4, Anthem and Star Wars Battlefront II, our communities will all have new content and new experiences to dive into during the holiday quarter.
- We have ongoing growth expectations for The Sims 4, with new expansions and all-new ways to engage and grow the community.
- Live services strength in Ultimate Team, The Sims 4, Apex Legends and FIFA Online drove performance significantly above last year.
- Live services net bookings were up 50% year on year, to $493 million, another new Q2 record. The increase was driven by Apex Legends, Ultimate Team, in Madden, FIFA and NHL, The Sims 4, and FIFA Online, partially offset by the tail of Battlefield 1 DLC.
- We expect to drive growth in all of our major live services next year, including Ultimate Team, Apex Legends, FIFA Online and The Sims.
- As Andrew noted, the Sims is now a $5 billion franchise for us, and it continues to grow, driven by new content and new platforms.
- Live services extend and enhance the experience of those games. Apex Legends, FIFA, The Sims 4, Galaxy of Heroes and more of our top franchises have thriving global communities spanning hundreds of millions of players.