Over the weekend The Sims Team started to tweet a series of letters – with each SimGuru posting one letter individually. After re-arranging the letters properly the only logical code that they seem to be sending out to us is Future Cube!
Not only that, but SimGurus have also tweeted out some of their indoor builds with almost each one having a Future Cube hidden somewhere inside of the screenshot.
Better late than never. Here is my sad home setup. It is a kitchen table with a desk chair borrowed from the EA office. And yes, that bed is far too close to the closet, can’t get in there anymore. pic.twitter.com/SaNnxEyuPt
— Michael Duke (@SimGuruDuke) May 2, 2020
A small part of my apartment living room that has been designated to gaming corner/office. But currently I’ve decided to add more colour to my floor, please excuse me. #WFHRoomBuild #StayAndPlay #TheSims4
— SimGuruFrost💫 (@SimGuruFrost) May 1, 2020
Now, the most logical thing to do at this point is to check out the Future Cube myself in the game and see if there’s anything new added into it.
In case you don’t know, the Future Cube is a small object that can be found in Build Mode and it’s been present since The Sims 4’s Base Game release. It’s best known as an internal joke inside of the community as one of the most “useless” items in the Build Catalog.
To test out and see if there’s anything new added to the Future Cube I had to check out the internet archives and see what was present before with this Object. As you can see in this screenshot down below from May 2019 by TheSimsCircus, the cube only had these following interactions available:
However, it seems that two interactions have been added to the cube: Ask About The Sprites (added with Discover University) and Ask about the Future – which seems to have been added just recently.
When selecting the “Ask about the Future” interaction you get a random notification in the corner – possibly giving cryptic hints about the game’s upcoming content!
I’ve extracted all of the text strings from this newly added interaction. Check them out!
- I see a gnome wielding a frozen rabbit riding atop a llama into battle against an udder’ly impressive foe.
- Somebody is definitely going to get exactly what they want.
- Self-organization will be key to a happy future.
- Your future is… not bright, but illuminated… probably to an intensity of 0.981 candelas.
- The threads of your future knit together in a wave of darkness.
- Climbing to the top one rung at a time!
- Without a doubt, that thing we talked about will come to be, as all of the signs are pointing to the answer that we agreed upon in our last discussion.
- Your uncertainty, certainly shall become certain, under certain situations in no uncertain terms.
- The future is soon™.
- Your future looks pixelated.
The hints are definitely not clear about what the next content addition for The Sims 4 is all about, but it seems we’re definitely getting closer to the reveal! Stay tuned on our website for all the news and updates!