The Sims 4 Get To Work was the first expansion pack released for The Sims 4. It came with a number of new features including the first active careers as well as the option to have your own retail store.
When the expansion pack first launched, there were a handful of different types of businesses you could create. However, as we saw more packs released, the variety of different businesses you could create and own grew! We shall be exploring some ideas of retail stores you can create using The Sims 4 Get To Work expansion pack, as well as a number of possibilities using other packs from The Sims 4.
Now that you have purchased your retail store location, there are several different types of businesses you create when you are just starting out with a new Retail Store.
- Clothing Store
- Arts Store – Painting and Sculptures
While the four types of businesses can seem like very broad ideas, you can break these down even further into more specific types of businesses if you wanted to.
For example, a homeware store can cover a multitude of different things. You could make it more specific by tailoring it to a specific room or theme. Here are a few examples of how you could do that.
- Kitchen & Dining
- Bathroom & Laundry
- Living Room & Study
- Garden & Outdoor Spaces
- Kids – Toy Store, Kids Room Furnishings
The same can go for clothing stores as well. You could create one that stocks a number of different clothing options, or one that targets a specific theme instead.
Here are some examples below.
- Every day
- Hot/Cold Weather
- Sports & Swim
- Mens & Womens Wear
These are just a handful of ideas of businesses you can create by just having The Sims 4 Get To Work. Of course, with the more packs that you own, the more possibilities you have as well.
More Packs, More Ideas
As we know, each pack adds something new to the game and when it comes to ideas for businesses, it is no exception. Here is a list of retail store ideas that you can use alongside other packs that you own.
- Void Critters Store – Kids Room
- Winter Sports Store – Snowy Escape
- Water Sports Store – Island Living
- Beach Essentials – Island Living
- Grocery Store – Cottage Living
- Student Essentials Shop – Discover University
- Pet Store – Cats & Dogs & My First Pet Stuff
- Apartment Essentials – City Living & Tiny Living
- Eco Living – Eco Lifestyle
- Camping Store – Outdoor Retreat
- Magic & Mystery – Realm of Magic, Vampires & Strangerville
- Photography & Art – Moschino
- Plants – Blooming Rooms & Industrial Loft Kits
While the ideas above are more specific to the packs mentioned, you will find that almost all the objects in The Sims 4 can be sold. This means that realistically, you can create almost any kind of business you want.
- Video Games Store
- Music Store
- Collectibles Store
- Food Store
- Craftables Store
- Antiques Store
- Bed Store
- Sofa Store
- Health & Beauty Store
While the ideas mentioned in this post are just some ideas of businesses you can create using The Sims 4 Get To Work’s Retail Store feature, there are still plenty more out there that you can create.
Why not combine The Sims 4 Get To Work with Plopsy from The Sims 4 Nifty Knitting? Combine the world of physical sales with online sales?
- Not getting many customers when you first open? Why not run a small advertising campaign to promote your business! Simply head over to the cash register and select Purchase Advertising.
- Get to know your customers by getting involved in the conversation. Greet them and talk to them about their shopping preferences, by using the Retail option on the Sims interaction menu.
- Ring your customers up in a timely manner! Nothing worse than losing a sale as your Sim hasn’t made it to them in time.
- Don’t forget your Sims can employ staff to help your business grow over time as well as help you serve customers!
- Spend your Perk Points to unlock more features and interactions for your business!
Let us know some of the businesses that you have created with The Sims 4 Get To Work in the comments below!