The latest update for The Sims 4 allows for more control over your Neighborhood Stories!
The Sims Team has released a blog post explaining the huge new changes coming to The Sims 4’s Story Progression!
Want to know all about The Sims 4 Neighborhood Stories? Check out the Guide!
Hello, Simmers! Nate here again. As promised, I’m back to update you on Neighborhood Stories!
First, a quick refresher about why I think Neighborhood Stories are a great addition to The Sims 4 (and super cool, though I am admittedly biased.) The base game is packed with interesting moments that lead to all kinds of life change for individual Sims. However, the Sims living in the active household have the potential to experience so much more life change compared to their Neighbor Sims.
Last November, we rolled out a free update that added a set of life changes for Neighbor Sims who have a personal connection to the active household. You can read all about that in my previous post about Neighborhood Stories.
Today, I’m excited to update you on the new additions to Neighborhood Stories as we continue to build upon this feature over time.
Neighborhood Stories System
The first major addition is life changes for all Neighbor Sims, with or without relationships to the active household. The new Neighborhood Stories System opens up interesting, autonomous changes all over the world.
“What changes?” you might ask. Neighbor Sims everywhere may now:
- Adopt young Sims into their household, aged between infant and toddler.
- Become pregnant with their Significant Other, and eventually deliver. Family-Oriented Sims are more likely to do this, while Noncommittal Sims are less likely. If a Sim or their SO Hates Children, they will never do this.
- Some Sims may instead adopt a dog or cat (requires The Sims 4 Cats and Dogs).
- Join and leave careers. Sim Traits heavily influence these decisions. Elder Sims may decide to retire.
- Households can move into and out of lots.
- Die in different kinds of accidents, depending on risk factors such as Age, Traits, and Career.
All these life changes let Neighbor Sims have richer, fuller lives that evolve over time. They grow up in a family, get jobs, move around, raise children, and eventually die (possibly before their time!)
Some of these changes are obviously more significant than others. *cough*death*cough* This brings us back to the second major addition to Neighborhood Stories…
Configuring Neighborhood Stories
A critical part of the Neighborhood Stories System is a set of new gameplay controls that allow you to tune which life changes Neighbor Sims can and cannot have.