Learn about some of the new features coming with The Sims 4 Growing Together!
It’s official! The next expansion pack for The Sims 4 is called Growing Together! It launches on March 16th, 2023 and it’s themed around generational and family gameplay! Yep! The Sims Team finally gave us Generations for The Sims 4!
Along with the reveal trailer, The Sims Team posted a blog post to the official EA website, detailing exactly what this new expansion contains. They also shared some information regarding the FREE infant base game update coming on March 14th. There was a LOT of info dumping in the blog post so we’re going to summarize it for you in handy point-form format!
The Sims 4 Growing Together: Features Blog Post
There’s a lot to unpack in this blog post so we’re going to break it down into sections for you! Happy reading!
- INFANTS!!! They are coming in a base game update!
- Create and modify infants in CAS
- Wide range of clothing, accessories, and hairstyles
- Sims can adopt infants
- Newborns (bassinet babies) age up into infants. Infants age up into toddlers.
- Change diapers, put down to nap and sleep, and more.
- Infants can express needs, emotions, and sentiments
The Sims 4 Growing Together Content
- There is a new full sized world coming with the expansion pack called San Sequoia
- A coastal region located along an ocean bay
- Lots of outdoor, open space for family gatherings and children to play
- Three neighbourhoods; Anchorpoint Wharf, Gilbert Gardens, and Hopewell Hills
- Hopewell Hills is a slow-paced residential area featuring both traditional and contemporary craftsman style homes
- Visit Urban Park for group walks, learn to ride a bike, jog or hike along a nature path.
- Kids can play on a public playground
- Watch movies at the local refurbished theatre (unclear whether this is a venue or a rabbithole building)
- Grab something to eat along the pier
- Visit a library filled with children’s books
- Visit the local water park; Whalebert’s Public Splash Pad Play Area
- Infant milestones that highlight how your infant is growing up and unlock new ways for them to explore the world around them
- Changing stations and infant playmats
- Infant carriers to take infants with you out into the world
- 18 new discoverable Infant Quirks that will change your infant’s behaviour.
- Each infant can have up to three quirks at one time so every infant will feel unique
- Some Infant Quicks include Self-Soother, Early Rise, Messy Eater, Frequently Hiccoughs, Gassy, Good Appetite, Snuggly Sleeper, Happy Spitter, Free Air Tinkler and more.
- New Baby Shower social event
- Lots of new content for different age groups
- Elders can power walk, do puzzles at the recreation centre, and be caretakers of the Family Keepsake Box.
- Elders can give life lessons, reminisce on good times, and sneak treats
- Elders can have a favourite grandchild
- Toddlers are getting a big upgrade in The Sims 4 Growing Together expansion pack. They will get 18 discoverable Toddler Quirks that shape their behaviour beyond their traits.
- Some Toddler Quirks include Aggressive, Picky Eater, Early Riser, Little Singer, Good Appetite, Loves Water, Hates Bedtime, Loves Being Carried and more.
- Children will get four new aspirations: Slumber Party Animal, Mind and Body, Playtime Captain, and Creative Genius.
- Lots of new play objects to go along with these aspirations, such as the tree house, splash pad, bicycle, sleeping bag, and friendship bracelets.
- New Slumber Party social event
- It’s important to keep children’s confidence high. Childhood Confidence is a new aspect of growing up for children
- Children will lose their baby teeth
Sims 4 Milestones Feature
- As Sims go through life, they’ll encounter Milestones through their experiences in The Sims 4 Growing Together. Milestones show players their Sim’s current growth and will continue to impact them as they age.
- Some milestones include overcoming a career obstacle, getting let go from a job, having a midlife crisis, having family members move in and more.
- There are Infant Milestones, too. Infant Milestones shape the way your infants grow up and make raising infants a new and exciting experience each time.
Social Dynamics in The Sims 4 Growing Together
- New social compatibility feature that will make socializing feel different with every Sim. These will lead to deep, more personalized relationships between Sims. Some Sims may be jokesters together, or they might be competitive with each other.
- Family trees will reflect more complex family relationships
- Sims will have preferences that determine who they’re socially compatible with and who is their sworn enemy.
- As Sims go through life, these preferences will offer opportunities for both drama and unity. These will impact family dynamics and relationships between Sims.
- There will be an in-depth developer livestream covering the base game infant update and the Growing Together expansion pack on Friday, March 3, 2023 at 11am PDT on Twitch and YouTube.
- The Sims 4 Growing Together launches on March 16th, 2023 on PC via EA app, Mac via Origin, and Steam, PlayStation 5, PlayStation 4, Xbox Series X|S and Xbox One systems. The Sims 4 has now launched in the Epic Games Store as well.
- Players who purchase The Sims 4 Growing Together expansion pack between February 2 – April 27 will receive the Outdoor Playtime Digital Content, which contains a toddler slide, infant carrier, and a swing set.
Check out all of our Growing Together coverage right here on our website!