The XML tuning in the new patch released today reveals what could point to features in The Sims 4 Dine Out and the upcoming Kids-themed Stuff Pack.
Please note: the existence of this code only indicates that the features were planned at one point in development. It is possible for some of them to have been removed.
Tags of note are Func_Booth_Banquette, Func_PuppetTheater and Func_BattleStation which are features that haven’t been announced yet. Func_Collection_Monsters may refer to a feature in the upcoming Kids Stuff Pack.
- A new tuning resource, restaurants.chefs_choice, reveals the existence of a “Chef’s Choice” feature. It is also indicates that the choice will vary depending on the time of day, and will be restricted for Child Sims.
- There are six preset menu types: American, Italian, Seafood, Experimental, Brunch and Homechef.
- The available food qualities are Grade F, Standard, Fresh Organic and Sustainably Grown
- You can advertise your restaurant similar to how you can advertise retail stores.
- The game differentiates between appetizers, main courses and desserts. It is currently unknown if this causes a major difference or if they are just autonomy categories.
- There is such a feature as a “daily special discount” – it is currently unknown exactly how this works.