In preparation for Season’s worldwide launch on June 22nd, the Sims Team has released a brand new 1.25 GB patch for The Sims 4 today!
Here’s what’s new:
New Clothing Categories in Create-A-Sim
You can now specify hot and cold weather outfits for sims of all ages, as well as have your toddlers enjoy in the new swimwear category! This will not impact gameplay without The Sims 4 Seasons installed.
Glass Roofing Is Now Available!
Found with the other roofing choices, glass roofs are now available for everyone to use! As seen above, they come in 6 new options:
- Hexagon Glass Roof
- Solid-Sheet Glass Roof
- Ornamental-Scrollwork Glass Roof
- Diamond-Paneled Glass Roof
- Square-Paneled Glass Roof
- Rectangular Paneled Glass Roof
Similar to windows, the new glass roofs will cast shadows on the interior of your sim’s homes! Shown above is the hexagon roof.
The Gardening Update
Perhaps the most anticipated feature of today’s update, the Sims Team has overhauled the existing gardening system!
The following seed packets are now purchasable in buy mode:
- Catnip Herb Packet – §25 (requires Cats & Dogs)
- Starter Flowers, Fruits, Herbs, and Vegetables – §35
- Farmer Flowers and Fruit – §100 (requires level 7 of the gardening skill)
- Farmer Veggies and Herbs – §100 (requires level 7 of the gardening skill)
- Uncommon Plants – §250 (requires level 7 of the gardening skill)
- Rare Plants – §1,000 (requires level 10 of the gardening skill)
* avocado tree requires The Sims 4 Jungle Adventure
Plants now have a brand new UI! Replacing the existing ten category system is a new quality bar with five different stages of evolution.
Along with the UI improvements, plants now have new interactions! Sims are now able to research their plants by taking a few picture and jotting down some notes! Once the interaction is complete, the plant’s details will appear in the sim’s personal notebook.
Also included with the update is improved selling options! Sims can now specify what they’re selling from the interaction menu. In order to use the new Super Sell feature, your sim must first reach level 8 in the gardening skill!
The Re-Traiting Potion allows your Sim to change their personality traits for 5,000 Satisfaction Points!
Some Small Tweaks to the Existing UI
And finally, eagled-eyed fans may notice a few visual changes to the UI!