Presented by EA Game Changers
The Sims 4 Realm of Magic sees the return of the perks panel with twenty-four perks your Spellcaster Sims can choose from. Of course, this all depends on the kind of magic you want you Sim to learn.
The Spellcaster Perks will really allow your Sims to harness their Magic and become the greatest Spellcaster in Glimmerbrook.
As your Sim practices magic, learns new spells & potions or by taking part in Duels against other Spellcasters, your Sim will earn Spellcaster experience points. Once your Sim maxes out the rank bar they will be awarded Talent Points and progress up to the next rank.
There are a total of six Spellcaster Ranks and when you first become a Spellcaster, your Sim will be ranked as an apprentice.
The other five Spellcaster Ranks are as followed:
Every time you level up your Spellcaster Rank, you will be rewarded with Talent Points to spend on Perks.
“Perks contain a variety of helpful ways to increase magical prowess. As one gains more experiences and titles they also gain Talent Points. Invest wisely. Your Spellcaster rank determines what perks are available. Perks attached with a line must be purchased in order from the bottom.”
When you first start as a Spellcaster, you will not have any perks selected and your perk screen will resemble the one above.
As you begin to master more and more you are able to choose which perks fit your Spellcaster. While the perks on the left-hand side need to be purchased in order from the bottom the perks on the right-hand side can be purchased in any order providing you are of the right Spellcaster Rank.
Once your Spellcaster Sim has earnt their fair share of Talent Points, your Spellcaster Perks panel could look a little like this. However, there are numerous perk combinations that you can have too.
Remember: If you are not happy with the Spellcaster Perks you have chosen, you can use a Potion of Perk Purging to reset them and select the ones you want again.
Track One – Represented by the spellbook
- Knowledge Is Magic – Sim reads and does computer research at a faster rate. These interactions also provide Magical experience over time.
- Mote Hound – Sim can now always see Magical Motes and collect them. Motes can be consumed for experience and minor, random motive boosts.
- Charge Control – All Spellcaster Charge increases are reduced.
- Hexproof – Sim is now protected from Curses.
- Magical Resonance – While in The Magic Realm, the Sim is extremely powerful. They are protected by Death from Overload and can more freely Build Charge and Discharge their Spellcaster Charge levels. Also increased success chance of potion-making, drinking, and spellcasting.
Track Two – Represented by the potion bottle
- Blender Arm – Potion crafting speed significantly increased.
- Frugal Combination – Chance on potion creation that all of the required ingredients will not be used.
- A Little Extra Chemistry – Potions crafted by this Sim are surprisingly tasty and have an additional small benefit triggered when the potion is consumed.
- Mix Master – Extra servings will be in the Cauldron each time a potion is successfully created.
- Potent Potables – Effects on all potions are increased and/or last significantly longer. Sim can now Hex their potions to have them always fail.
Track Three – Represented by the hand
- Discharge – This Sim can now cast Discharge which empties Spellcaster Charge.
- Power Shunt – Casting a spell now adds significantly less Spellcaster Charge.
- Spectral Reach – Sim can now cast long distances (without having to move closer to the target). Also, Sims no longer know who cast the spell on them so they won’t react negatively to you.
- Master Caster – Casting spells no longer fails when the Sim is in a Normal Spellcaster Charge range. Backfires are greatly reduced in Charged and Overcharged states.
- Master Duelist – This Sim has significantly increased chances of winning a duel and reaps better rewards from them.
While the above perks are progressive and tailored towards a specific aspect of Spellcasting, the perks from the right-hand side of the Perks panel can be added in any order.
Other Spellcaster Perks
- Incredible Forager – This Sim now receives more items when harvesting magical ingredients in the Magical Realm.
- Experimenter – When experimenting and practicing, Sim gains experience faster with less failures.
- Insightful Eye – Research, experiment, and tome reading speeds are all greatly increased.
- Spellcaster Socialite – Unlock Magical social interactions with other Spellcasters that will provide some Spellcaster XP.
- Practiced Practicality – Practical Spells & Potions always succeed when Sim is in a Normal Spellcaster Charge range. Failure is greatly reduced in Charged and Overcharged states.
- Mischief Master – Mischief Spells & Potions always succeed when Sim is in a Normal Spellcaster Charge range. Failure is greatly reduced in Charged and Overcharged states.
- Tame the Untameable – Untamed Spells & Potions always succeed when Sim is in a Normal Spellcaster Charge range. Failure is greatly reduced in Charged and Overcharged states.
- Natural Mentor – Increased relationship and skill gains when training or experimenting with other Spellcasters.
- Magical Discounts – Sim receives a 50% discount on all purchases from the market stalls in The Magical Realm.
All Spellcaster Perks cost one Talent Point.
The Spellcaster Perks really give you the opportunity to fine-tune your Spellcasters magic and focus on a particular aspect. Of course, if you really want your Sim could master everything a Spellcaster can possible master!