The Sims 4’s latest update brought lots of new things to the table…including crashes. Many players have reported their game causing weird sound glitches just moments before the game instantly crashes and shuts down. The issue is most persistent among PC and PS4 players, although some Xbox players have also reported that their game crashes.
The Sims Team acknowledged the issue and shared that they’ll be releasing a Hot Fix Update for The Sims 4 sometime this week, but until then there’s a solution that can prevent your game from crashing until the Hot Fix Update arrives.
The workaround involves disabling the in-game sound straight from the Game Launcher (Origin and Steam) as well as turning off the sound on your PS4.
- Go to “My Game Library”.
- Right click on The Sims 4 and select “Game Properties”.
- Select the “Advanced Launch Options” tab.
- In the “Command line arguments” text field, add -nosound and select “Save”.
- Go to “Library”.
- Right click on The Sims 4 and select “Properties”.
- Click the “Set Launch Options…” button.
- Add -nosound in the text field and click “OK”.
- You can try adjusting the master volume in the Game Options to be 0%. However, this workaround hasn’t been proved as 100% effective for everyone.