The update is out on Desktop and Consoles! Find the Patch Notes here.
The ? Update
EA and Maxis have released a brand new The Sims 4 Update today for PC, Mac, Xbox and Playstation platforms! The new update contents and features are soon to be revealed…
Table of Contents
The Sims 4 Update: How to Install on PC and Console
The new Sims 4 Update can be downloaded across Desktop and Console platforms, including:
- PC: EA App, Origin, Steam, Epic Games
- Mac: Origin, Steam
- Playstation: PS4 and PS5 Consoles
- Xbox: Xbox One and Xbox Series Consoles
You can download the latest Sims 4 Update by checking for a Patch through the EA App. Or Origin if you play on Mac. If you have Automatic Updates enabled the update will automatically download through your client program. In case your EA App is not working properly ensure you’ve cleared your app cache!
If you play The Sims 4 on Xbox Series and Playstation 4 and 5 you can request a new update by checking for updates under The Sims 4 game in the Main Menu. If you’ve enabled automatic updates the Patch should download right away.
In case you have Mods or Custom Content, the game will automatically disable them for you after first launching The Sims 4 after the update. To re-enable all your Mods and Custom Content, select the Settings option in the Menu and select Settings. Under the ”Other” section you’ll find the ”Enable Custom Content and Mods” option. Check it and restart your game in order for it to take effect!
The Sims 4 Patch Notes
PC: 126.96.36.1990 / Mac: 188.8.131.520
Console: Version: 1.80
Sul Sul Simmers-
This Sims 4 update brings with it a number of fixes to the Gallery which require a game update to bring to you all as well as information on what features and fixes we have been able to release through Gallery Server updates. It also comes with a new feature you’ll find in Create-a-Sim and Build Mode. And of course, more bug fixes.
Let’s take a look what’s coming with this update.
The Filters in Build Mode and Create-a-Sim have been expanded to allow filtering of individual Kits rather than only being able to filter by all Kits.
Some Gallery features and fixes are able to be released directly to you, more frequently, without a game update. Another benefit of the new Gallery is that we no-longer require maintenance down time to release those updates. This means that some features could appear and bug fixes could be fixed at any time. We have added a new section to the release notes called Gallery Server where we explain updates and fixes we have been able to release this way and you might have already seen in your visit to the Gallery.
Sims 4 Bug Fixes
- Duplicate items should not appear in the Gallery when scrolling through the creations anymore. This won’t affect duplicates if someone has uploaded the same item multiple times, so no need to check your settings.
- Reporting a comment on the Gallery will no longer hide the entire upload from your view but will hide the comment from your view as intended; the comment continues through the reporting system to be reviewed and actioned where needed.
- Reported Comments in the Gallery will not display if you enable the Hide Reported Content setting in Game Options > Other
- Favoriting items in the Gallery should correctly reflect with the green heart icon even if you restart The Sims 4 or delete your local files.
- Parenting can be tough, but having Baby Envy when the other parent brags about your baby shouldn’t be one of the reasons it’s tough.
- Simmers using a controller will be able to use Free Cam and zoom the camera in and out without increasing and decreasing the game speed.
- While you are in Free Cam, click in the left stick on your controller to confirm the controls layout.
- Trending Hashtags have been reenabled and should help you find new and interesting content.
- Downloads and Favorite counts should count higher than 1 now, in fact it should be accurate as well.
- Searching for Gallery creations by EA Account ID should return the results you were expecting.
- Web Gallery commenting has been re-enabled for those who like to browse the Gallery while away from the game – https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery
- Searching by Item Name should feel more like it used to when using multiple words. We have returned to AND operators instead of OR operators.
- This means if you search for the words Cat Dog, you will get results where Cat and Dog appear in the Item name, not results where only Cat or Dog was used.
- You will also see results that are not an exact to the word you searched, for example Cat will show items that used the word Cat or Cats included in the name.
- Those Sims pursuing the creative book writing route can now get published, if it’s good enough, by being able to use the mailbox to Submit book copy to literary digest. And don’t worry, mailboxes included in Snowy Escape are accepting publication requests too.
- Fundamental skills should no longer reset to skill level 1 after being maxed out.
- Sims no longer wait patiently for their turn enjoying the splash pad and water emitters as everyone plays in the water one Sim at a time, now groups of Sims can all Play in Water Together.
High School Years
- While in Game Options > Music > Alternative you might have noticed the track called corook by the artist sims. This has been updated to correctly list the track as sims by the artist corook. If you didn’t notice it, it’s too late to check now.
- When your adult Sims are on a horse and go reins down, the reins will no longer move in unexpected and honestly confusing ways.
Realm of Magic
- Morgyn Ember will start to use their preferred They/Them pronouns in new game saves if The Sims 4 is set to English.
My Wedding Stories
- yfShoes_GP11WedgeHeels_SolidMauve are now correctly tagged as sandals instead of heels. But don’t worry, they do still have a heel on them.
- Your footwear choice no longer matches the colors of the full body outfit yfBody_SP38ShirtOpenBra even if your Sim is lounging in some bunny slippers.
- Female Sims with a masculine body frame should find comfort with a better fitting ymTop_SP38BraSheer.
The Sims 4 Update: Kit Filter Preview
The new update has finally brought proper filters for seperate Kits releases for The Sims 4. You can now search for seperate Kits in the Kit section of the filter. In both CAS and Build!
Have you started downloading the latest Sims 4 Update yet? Let us know your thoughts about the new Sims 4 Patch in the conversation below!