New Update for The Sims 4 Base Game is here! Check out the Patch Notes.
The Chef Hustle Preparation Update
EA and Maxis have just released a new Sims 4 Update across PC, Mac and Console platforms.
There’s a lot to uncover in the official Patch Notes for the game. Let’s take a look!
Table of Contents
How to install the latest Sims 4 Update
You can download the latest Update for The Sims 4 on the following official platforms and launchers:
- PC: EA App, Origin, Steam, Epic Games
- Mac: Origin, Steam
- Playstation: PS4 and PS5
- Xbox: Xbox One and Xbox Series X / S
You can download the latest Sims 4 Update by checking for a Patch through the EA App. Or Origin if you play on Mac. If you have Automatic Updates enabled the update will automatically download through your client program. In case your EA App is not working properly ensure you’ve cleared your app cache!
If you play The Sims 4 on Xbox Series and Playstation 4 and 5 you can request a new update by checking for updates under The Sims 4 game in the Main Menu. If you’ve enabled automatic updates the Patch should download right away.
In case you have Mods or Custom Content, the game will automatically disable them for you after first launching The Sims 4 after the update. To re-enable all your Mods and Custom Content, select the Settings option in the Menu and select Settings. Under the ”Other” section you’ll find the ”Enable Custom Content and Mods” option. Check it and restart your game in order for it to take effect!
Console Glitch: Official Statement from EA
The Sims Team has shared an official statement in regards to a Console Glitch in The Sims 4 caused with the latest Game Update. Players have started reporting that they’re unable to switch in-between the new Food Filter categories in the Cooking UI.
Learn more in the official statement below:
This issue is related to a bug we’re investigating with the shoulder bumpers on console controllers at the moment.
The bumpers will work when you first open the new cooking UI, but once you move up or down in the UI they become unresponsive until you leave and reopen the cooking UI.
Thank you for reporting this to us, and for your patience. We hope to have more information soon to share.
The Sims 4 Patch Notes – September 26th, 2023
Update 26 September 2023
PC: 1.101.290.1030 / Mac: 1.101.290.1230
Console: Version 1.81.2
Ciao, Dia Dhaoibh, Hola, Hej Hej, Moikka, Привіт, Sveiki, Merhaba, Hello and Sul Sul, Simmers!
In just a few days we’ll be turning up the heat and getting cooking with the release of The Sims 4 Home Chef Hustle Stuff Pack. There are some fresh Base Game updates and bug fixes rolling out to make the experience even better. Get hungry!
-The Sims 4 Team
Today’s update has a variety of improvements across different features in the game.
The Recipe UI has received a well deserved update, bringing filtering to your fingertips. Now you can filter recipes by: “All, vegetarian, lactose free, meat, seafood, and sweets!”
Let them eat (cup)cakes!
Speaking of sweets… this update includes freeing the sweetest treat, cupcakes! Your Sims can now prepare delicious cupcakes by using an oven, in addition to the traditional method of using the Whipped Dream Cupcake Factory. Plus, Toddlers can now experience the joy of eating a delicious cupcake.
We’ve delved deep into cooking, recipes, and ingredients. Expect to see the quality of food that’s prepared better reflect your Sim’s skill level, current mood, and appliance quality. Additionally, recipes across the Cooking, Gourmet Cooking, and Baking skills have been updated to better utilize more of the expected ingredients of the food that’s being prepared. One example of these updates: Players who own both Cottage Living and Get To Work can use the sugar, flour, and egg ingredients from the former with the baking recipes from the latter.
This Sims 4 Update doesn’t stop here. We gave the Cool Kitchen Stuff Pack some love too! I scream, you scream, now Child Sims can scream for Ice Cream! Child Sims can now use the Sweet Tooth Ice Cream Machine.
One last update we’d like to tell you about relates to the Small Appliances in game. We’ve added the ability for many different small appliances to be dragged around within the game world while in Live Mode, as well as being able to place small appliances into your Sim’s inventory to take them with you on your travels. Find the full list of compatible appliances below:
- The Wavescatter
- The Food Annihilator
- The Omniwaver
- The Schmapple Micro
- Luxe Drink Tray
- Sugar Kane Popcorn Popper
- Summer Drink Tray
- Sweet Tooth Ice Cream Machine
- Fountain of Mirth
- The Gravy Fountain Mark IV Stand
- Vintage Glamour Beverage Fountain
- Blazin’ Ladles’ Over The Counter Oven
- “No Space” Electric Oven Space Saver
The Sims 4 Update Fixes
- Garden plants now should remain as plants instead of sometimes crumbling into piles of dirt. Be strong and live your best life, garden buds!
- Visual effects for Sim Traits in Create a Sim have returned from an unplanned summer holiday.
- Some text was updated to properly gush about Newborns.
- Take a big whiff, we’re growing trash! Trash Fruit will now properly grow from any pile of trash outside, no matter its source.
- It was getting a little lonely out there! Sims will once again receive calls and invitations from other Sims and NPCs.
- We all were very hungry working on this update. But not so hungry that vegetarians would eat meat! Your Vegetarian Sims should no longer grab meals that upset their stomachs when using the “Get Leftovers” interaction.
- Gelatin Rainbow Cake isn’t Vegetarian?! We’ve updated a lot of recipes that weren’t properly flagged as Vegetarian-Safe – and some that shouldn’t have been flagged in the first place.
- Bees will no longer become Enraged or Irritated after applying Mite Treatment. They will BEE a little more grateful to their caretaker Sim!
- Photographs taken following today’s patch will no longer turn black when stored in the Storage Box.
- Some vegetables weren’t being recognized as vegetables for recipe ingredients! We’ve fixed this; make as many vegetable based dishes as your heart desires!
- Now your Sims can make more informed choices on if they want to suffer the consequences of eating dairy when they are Lactose Intolerant. We’ve done a large update to food for a more accurate Lactose Free experience.
High School Years
- Set your boundaries! There should be fewer invitations to become BFF with other Sims.
- Photographs taken following today’s patch will no longer turn black when stored in the Basic Keepsake Box and the Truly Ornate Keepsake Box.
- Ranch Hands now stay hired until you dismiss them.
- Riders going from using Horse Barrels or Horse Jumps to doing something on foot no longer sometimes linger on horseback.
- When using the Sugar Kane Popcorn Popper, Sims will now have visibility into what Cooking skill level they must reach to be able to prepare the various popcorn recipes.
What are your thoughts on the latest Sims 4 Update? Join the conversation below and stay updated on Sims Community for the full Update Overview!