UPDATE #9: giannisK13 found a new death type – death by sunlight!
UPDATE #8: @DerShayan found Vampire poses in Sims 4 Studio!
UPDATE #7: Another round of tidbits!
- If you didn’t already assume so anyway, Vampires may have their own teeth, different from other Sims.
- There is CAS camera tuning for triangle earrings.
- Vampires may have a 50% chance of having normal human skin, assuming that the “0.5” defined in the “CASOccultSkintoneTuning_Human” tuning is a percentage.
- It could actually be a weighted system, in which case there’s still a chance Vampires will have human skin, but it’s not 50%.
- There is tuning for a new “Gravestone” object. This could mean that Vampires have their own Gravestones.
- There is “object_state” tuning for a “bat” stuffed animal.
- Vampires may not spawn on lots or for events during the day, unless they have the perk that allows them to walk in the sun.
It looks like all the interesting stuff has been discovered, so this will likely be the last update.
UPDATE #6: Some new tidbits have been discovered.
- There may be a perk that allows Vampires to safely walk in the sun. Furthermore, this perk may be inheritable through genetics.
- The “STREET_TO_LOTTUNING_MAP” tunable in “world.lot_tuning” only references one area, which could mean the new world has only one area, similar to Magnolia Promenade. However, remember that this is just incomplete code hidden in the patch, and may not be what we actually get in the end.
- Please also remember that this is a Game Pack, so it’s most likely we will get a world around Granite Falls’ size.
- The tuning resource “bucks.sim_info_bucks_tracker” suggests powers are divided into categories, and there are 5 categories of primary powers with 5 powers each, leading a total of 25 primary powers. As for secondary powers, there is 1 category with 3 powers, and 4 with 2 powers, leading a total of 11 secondary powers.
- As with world size, this may not be what we end up getting, although it sounds like plenty.
- Some powers could be elevated versions of others, considering we’ve had perks like those in every perk system we’ve had so far.
UPDATE #5: The “world.region” tuning resource suggests the Game Pack will come with a new world. There is a reference to a “RegionDescription” (technical term for binary files associated with worlds in The Sims 4) and “Region” (technical term associated with world tuning files) that wasn’t there previously.
UPDATE #4: The “sims.occult.occult_tracker” Python script file revealed more information about what each tunable is for.
- There may be a system for ranking up based on experience. This appear not to be a skill, but a new type of statistic that hasn’t been used yet.
- There may be an “Occult Powers Panel” which can be used to purchase both “primary” and “secondary” powers using the perk points that were mentioned in Update #3.
- Perk slots are referred to as “power cells” in the code, which gives an idea of what the UI may look like.
- This applies to both primary and secondary perks, suggesting they’re both related to powers of some kind.
- The Occult Powers Panel may be opened from the Needs Panel.
- Having a Vampire and non-Vampire have a baby may create a Sim who is Part Vampire, similar to how there are Part Aliens.
UPDATE #3: New information has been discovered in the “sims.occult.occult_tracker” tuning resource!
- Vampires may have “alternative forms” that work in a similar way to alien disguises.
- Vampires may be able to gain experience of some kind. This may work like a hidden skill.
- UI information may not appear for Vampires until they reach the Teen life stage. It may work similar to The Sims 3, where being a Vampire doesn’t take full effect until then.
- There may be a “perks” system, similar to the Retail, Club and Restaurant Perks from various other packs. As a matter of fact, the code suggests there may actually be two simultaneous perk
- Vampires may have a “talent” of some kind. This could just be a technical way of referring to basic aspects of vampirism, such as sucking plasma.
UPDATE #2: More Vampire-related icons have been found!
UPDATE: It seems that this is all related to an upcoming GAME PACK! The Sims Team added placeholder box arts for Game Packs, meaning that GP04 is very near…
Back in September, it was teased that we would be getting “Scary New Packs” soon. Some new information has surfaced inside the code with the new patch, released today.
The “tag” XML contains some new tags that were not there previously:
It’s impossible to tell exactly what these “reserved” tags are referring to, but at least one of them mentions a new occult, and it would make complete sense to introduce new eye colors along with it. Anything else is a matter of speculation. Although a few of the tags have low IDs, they weren’t in the list before the patch. It could be that they were created a long time ago, but weren’t activated until now.
Note: “Style_” tags refer to additional filter tags in CAS, such as Rocket, Preppy, etc.